BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree.
But it’s difficult to discus where to put a statue that’s at the bottom of the harbour.
They have lifted it out now but I get your point. In London they have boxed off statues that have been identified by certain groups so that they can not be attacked this weekend. They can grafitti the box but no more than that. Smart move so that these things can be looked at in a more calm way and removed, if decided, to a more appropriate place. They certainly should not be thrown into any harbour or river.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s not ‘the’ discussion. It’s a discussion. Its the narrative we’re being fed.....imo
Isnt that the way discussions go, you say this, I say that, someone else says something else. It's not 'a' narrative were being fed, its 'the ' narrative were being fed, how many people actually think slavery or racism is acceptable. It seems very much to be you either accept the narrative or you're racist, you're white so you cannot understand the problem. What I would like to hear is someone explaining in non emotional terms what can be done to change things, what exactly is the extent of racism and its causes. At the moment all I'm hearing are the symptoms.

D

Deleted member 16999

Isnt that the way discussions go, you say this, I say that, someone else says something else. It's not 'a' narrative were being fed, its 'the ' narrative were being fed, how many people actually think slavery or racism is acceptable. It seems very much to be you either accept the narrative or you're racist, you're white so you cannot understand the problem. What I would like to hear is someone explaining in non emotional terms what can be done to change things, what exactly is the extent of racism and its causes. At the moment all I'm hearing are the symptoms.
If you “understand” the narrative so well that we are being fed, why don’t you explain in non emotional terms what can be done to change things rather than keep on asking others?

Edit: None of us “have the answers” all of us are different, age, life, experience, etc.

Why can’t we just discuss the subject without anyone being right or wrong or anyone taking offence at what’s said? By all means question/challenge or seek clarification on what people say, but to expect “answers” No, not for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Val

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They have lifted it out now but I get your point. In London they have boxed off statues that have been identified by certain groups so that they can not be attacked this weekend. They can grafitti the box but no more than that. Smart move so that these things can be looked at in a more calm way and removed, if decided, to a more appropriate place. They certainly should not be thrown into any harbour or river.
Yes I saw the lift .
That statue is going to need extensive repair before it goes anywhere.
Who foots the Bill , a council that can’t afford it ,It has priorities more important.
So mob rule has got its way, right or wrongly depends on your point of view.
They should show it as it is, it would be a more powerful message that the establishment never listened .
Or did they and just ignored the protest, hoping it would go away.?
This could happen again as I can’t see a box stopping some of the more militant protesters.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you “understand” the narrative so well that we are being fed, why don’t you explain in non emotional terms what can be done to change things rather than keep on asking others?

Edit: None of us “have the answers” all of us are different, age, life, experience, etc.

Why can’t we just discuss the subject without anyone being right or wrong or anyone taking offence at what’s said? By all means question/challenge or seek clarification on what people say, but to expect “answers” No, not for me!
Do you think I should have the answers to the world's problems, should the world leaders join this golf forum so I can steer them down the political highways and byways of utopia. I am talking about the Nation having meaningful investigations into the issues not a bunch of golfers, but I didn't think it that needed explaining.

Anyhow, back onto ignore you go old bean.

D

Deleted member 16999

Do you think I should have the answers to the world's problems, should the world leaders join this golf forum so I can steer them down the political highways and byways of utopia. I am talking about the Nation having meaningful investigations into the issues not a bunch of golfers, but I didn't think it that needed explaining.

Anyhow, back onto ignore you go old bean.
You make yourself look childish with the last sentence, obviously you read replies whilst having people on ignore!

You were answering posts in a long list of posts were people on this forum were discussing their thoughts.

I take it you think we should not debate anything on here then as we won’t impact any subject.

Sort of sums up your attitude to a lot of debates.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You make yourself look childish with the last sentence, obviously you read replies whilst having people on ignore!

You were answering posts in a long list of posts were people on this forum were discussing their thoughts.

I take it you think we should not debate anything on here then as we won’t impact any subject.

Sort of sums up your attitude to a lot of debates.
If you bothered to read through the threads you would see I have made a number of comments on what I think needs to happen but if it suits your prejudice to suggest I haven't then crack on.
Unfortundately you get a notification when an ignore posts somthing to you so I just wanted to see what you had commented to my post. Not surprised by its content. We have been informed not to get involved with each others posts as it just leads to conflict
Why not put me on ignore then we can exist in perfect harmony.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm assuming you don't appreciate that its removal has nothing to do with the Germans and "don't mention the war"?

It's all to do with words that would swiftly invite an infraction if I were to use them here. Used during a particularly racist rant by "the major".
I can post up that very scene if anyone would like to see it?

No harm in it, surely?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s still on Netflix apparently.
Very possibly.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t agree with taking the whole episode off the air. That scene is troublesome though. I appreciate that the writing of the scene was supposed to have people laughing at the senile old Major and not agreeing with him. But it was a subtle distinction that was missed by many. Much like the Alf Garnett character was written as someone to be pitied for his old fashioned, bigoted ways, but was viewed by many as an honest portrayal of what it meant to be British.

D

Deleted member 16999

If you bothered to read through the threads you would see I have made a number of comments on what I think needs to happen but if it suits your prejudice to suggest I haven't then crack on.
Unfortundately you get a notification when an ignore posts somthing to you so I just wanted to see what you had commented to my post. Not surprised by its content. We have been informed not to get involved with each others posts as it just leads to conflict
Why not put me on ignore then we can exist in perfect harmony.
As you have said to others, it’s a forum and I will discuss/challenge any posts I like whilst conforming to the rules.

You could of simply answered you were talking about the national debate or the media etc rather than get petty. Many a time you have had a go at the media and told SILH he shouldn’t expect the Government to provide all the answers, so why would I think you were talking on a national level?

I will not put you on ignore as I’m perfectly capable of deciding what posts I respond to. (Again, whilst staying within the rules)

You could always switch notifications off in settings by the way.(y)

D

Deleted member 16999

Lol.

I can guess who this might be, but can't see their posts.

What you suggest at the end of your post works perfectly (they deffo have me on ignore) ?
If you’re suggesting I have you on ignore, you are very much incorrect.

I also have no idea why you would think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.