Blisters in palm of hand

boyleyuk

Visit site
All,

I'm new to golf and have been practicing at the golf range for about a month now.

I am a right handed player.

I have a blister at the top og my palm but just below the left ring finger. I have struggled a bit with my grip which i would think is the cause of the blister.

There is also signs of wear on the index finger of my left hand. Please can you help me diagnose were im going wrong and suggest any tips/exercises to improve my grip etc

many thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks in anticipation for youe help and advice

boyleyuk

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Take your normal grip and check it in a mirror.
It should look something like this if you're right handed.

fviewgrip-1-1.jpg

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Make sure that your grip is correct - as per Bobmacs picture (unless you are left handed of course!). As you are new to golf I suspect that you have 'soft hands', that are not used to the riggers that you are now putting them under. They will toughen up! Keep going, good luck and dont wear marigolds when doing the washing up!

boyleyuk

Visit site
Many thanks all for your comments, is there any guide on how firm my grip should be on the club, i have read several recommendations but would like clarity

:D

boyleyuk

Visit site
Hold like i would a steering wheel in my car,

hold the club like a babys hand

it just doesnt seem to feel correct in my hand, it feels like when i swing it will fly out of my hand

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

it just doesnt seem to feel correct in my hand, it feels like when i swing it will fly out of my hand

Your gip will tighten through impact without you even thinking about it.

Disclaimer: Unless you over-think it. In that case your grip won't tighten and the club with probably travel further than your ball :D

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

As a side thought.

Are you gripping the club in your palm rather than your fingers??

Like this

Grip.jpg