Black Tie Rools OK!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
When I bought my M1 I thought the stock Fujikura shaft worked OK & foolishly sold my Black Tie. The other week I got the chance to buy a brand new replacement & had it fitted yesterday. Had it made ¾" longer than standard & took it to the range today & used it into a bitingly cold strong wind. What an incredible shaft it is. You could see the ball cutting through the wind with a minimum of backspin. I go to the range a lot & am very familiar with the flight I get with the Fujikura. The Black Tie is something else. It probably suits me more than most because I tend to put a little too much backspin on the ball but I've used many shafts in my time & nothing behaves like this one, which I believe is due to its unique bend profile, regular at butt & mid section & as stiff as extra stiff at the tip.

I'm in love again!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
When I bought my M1 I thought the stock Fujikura shaft worked OK & foolishly sold my Black Tie. The other week I got the chance to buy a brand new replacement & had it fitted yesterday. Had it made ¾" longer than standard & took it to the range today & used it into a bitingly cold strong wind. What an incredible shaft it is. You could see the ball cutting through the wind with a minimum of backspin. I go to the range a lot & am very familiar with the flight I get with the Fujikura. The Black Tie is something else. It probably suits me more than most because I tend to put a little too much backspin on the ball but I've used many shafts in my time & nothing behaves like this one, which I believe is due to its unique bend profile, regular at butt & mid section & as stiff as extra stiff at the tip.

I'm in love again!

Which one? I've got a fitted cut down 7m but currently playing my SLDR with a full length 6m and loving it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
For some of us - and I believe you are one - it's the shaft (or at least the RIGHT shaft) that's more important than the head! The TP7 has been in 9 or 10 different heads now!

Smart decision acquiring another Black Tie!

As a Matrix devotee, I have to say it's not my favourite - though I've only really tried it in 'Stiff' (in Fish's SLDR, so may have been the 7M that it's based on!). I love the 'hinge' feel from the TP7, Codes and, to a lesser degree, RUL series. You are inspiring me to extract the Code 6 from my old FT3 'donk' and setting it up, in an XTD TI, for Summer! Never really got on with the XCon that the White is based on! The Reds I use, in woods, even lack the feel I prefer, but are solid and availability is the key!

For those not afflicted with 'the problem of feel' it's much simpler!

Last edited:

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Glad to hear your trip to Dynamic Indoor Golf was worthwhile.
Bill, when you hit driver do you tend to hit down on the ball, as you say you get too much spin. Do you find that your tee peg shoots forward ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bill, when you hit driver do you tend to hit down on the ball, as you say you get too much spin. Do you find that your tee peg shoots forward ?

Not wishing to hijack the thread but because of what you've just asked it's let me in 😉

I've noticed just lately since swapping my cut down 7m for the full length 6m my (castle) tee pegs have done a full 180 with the cup now buried in the ground and the spike vertical almost within an inch from where it was placed!

I used to have to look for my tees in front, to the side and sometimes behind me so this is very new and strange, is there any reasoning for this 🤔

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Not according to the GC2 statistics I have stored on my PC but the Black Tie really does reduce the spin, it's noticeable. Tee peg goes all over the place.