Black faced irons

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know there aren't that many models out there but does any use black irons?

Did have a wedge years ago that discolored quite badly and wondering if a full set is likely to do the same?

Currently looking at a new set of non shinies but cannot decide

New-mens-HONMA-TW737V-Golf-head-high-quality-irons-head-4-10-7-PCS-Golf-irons.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got some Cleveland CG16 black pearl irons, had them for about 4 years. The black still looks great. Any colour reduction is minimal. Perhaps if I hit the middle regularly, pro like, or played 5 times a week then they would wear away but I'm very happy with how they look still.

I would buy blacks clubs again, I love how they look.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had black titleist 690mb irons which were refurbed to a black finish. They looked great at the start but look a little tired and battered now.

I also have two black vokeys, an sm5 and SM6. They still look well with some wear on them.

Will happily buy black wedges again in the future.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've had black titleist 690mb irons which were refurbed to a black finish. They looked great at the start but look a little tired and battered now.

I also have two black vokeys, an sm5 and SM6. They still look well with some wear on them.

Will happily buy black wedges again in the future.

Lately I've come to prefer the rust colour or black wedges over shiney chrome - on quite a few occasions I've not been able to use my shiney l/w due to getting blinded by the sun's reflection

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really like the "raw" rusty finish on wedges, far prefer it to chrome or the black finishes that don't rust.

Interesting to see how the raw Callaway Apex MBs sell as they will rust like hell, right up my street but I'm probably in the vast minority of people!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I really like the "raw" rusty finish on wedges, far prefer it to chrome or the black finishes that don't rust.

Interesting to see how the raw Callaway Apex MBs sell as they will rust like hell, right up my street but I'm probably in the vast minority of people!

Don't they come in Chrome and raw finishes...?

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the Adams Idea CB1 irons in black and love the black finish. Face wears in the usual way, but still look good in the bag.