Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Hole every putt inside 6ft

Votes: 47 63.5%

• Total voters

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Put all day long. It's where scores are made. Few courses (assuming your playing the right tees where choices are available) need you to be driving that distance to score well.

I'm average around 220 (250 on a perfect drive) and have few problems with almost every course I play re length. I am certain if someone done research on this the putting certainty would reduce scores a lot more than 300 yard drives

There has been research done, and the results are literally the complete opposite of your assumption.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Drive for me. If we presume it’s down the middle of course.
I feel I always leave a few putts out there, but if I’m hitting wedge into 10 par 4’s and potentially hitting a few par 5’s in two. I could easily accept a couple of 3 putts.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Putt for me. I'm short off the tee but would take that and hitting fairways than bombing it 300 yards. As the saying goes the trees are full of long hitters. Off my handicap, holing more putts takes far more pressure of having to hit greens in regulation, helps with the short game and gives me a margin of error on long putts

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Google Mark Broadie

It appears that this is true. Another myth in golf gone. That being said it is a few articles I read to reach such a conclusion, however it makes sense to me. Be interesting to read competing research. It exists in all other fields, therefore it must in golf to.

Happy to change my opinion mind on what I read. Driving more accurately helps your scores better.......assuming of course of the drive is in play

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Putt for me. I'm short off the tee but would take that and hitting fairways than bombing it 300 yards. As the saying goes the trees are full of long hitters. Off my handicap, holing more putts takes far more pressure of having to hit greens in regulation, helps with the short game and gives me a margin of error on long putts

Homer don't go comparing your driver distance to the forum 300 yard bombers, your driver distances are average length not short. (y)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Putting for me .......................... all day long. Too many dog-legs where I play, 300yds would be too far!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Putting for me .......................... all day long. Too many dog-legs where I play, 300yds would be too far!
You don't actually have to hit EVERY drive 300 yards, just the ability to do so when you want to :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Homer don't go comparing your driver distance to the forum 300 yard bombers, your driver distances are average length not short. (y)
Cheers. Perhaps being 60 yards behind Cam at West Hill (when he could find a fairway or the ball in the first place) is still playing on my mind. That said I feel I'm not getting it out there as far as I could/should but while it's not getting me in too much trouble off the tee I'll work around what I feel is my short distance

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No brainer it would be the 300 yard drive

I don't have stats but I'd wager a pound to a bucket of badgers that I easily use up far more of my handicap allowance due to distance off the tee than I do on all shots 6ft from the hole