Big hands? Big....

Eagle2

Visit site
Grips!

I know it might sound simple but my pro mentioned recently that he wanted to see my right hand fingers (right handed player) on the grip properly and I just couldn't do it. He mentioned mid-size grips and how it would be worth it and I can honestly say other than having clubs that look like Brysons they have made a huge difference.

If you have big claws I would recommend having them re-gripped from the standard size as it really has helped.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting....i wouldn't consider my hands to be large but I've just regripped all my woods with Golf Pride Midsized +4 grips. (midsized grips with additional thickness under the lower hand to simulate 4 wraps of tape)

Happened to buy a 4 wood on ebay which came with a Midsized +4 grip and felt really comfortable....played a few rounds with it, liked it, regripped the driver, played a couple more rounds...still liked it so re-did hybrid upwards.

Will continue for a few weeks before committing to the irons.

So...midsized grips....not just for big hands.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've got the hands of a child. I wear a small glove to give you an indication.

But I use midsized grips. They are so much more comfortable.

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had my new clubs ordered with oversize grips. (Ping Orange)
My hands are medium/large but I find larger grips so much more comfortable to hold.
My current clubs are midsized with 4 layers.
With slimmer grips I feel I have to hold them tighter somehow, though I'm sure that's just in my head, but that's what golf is all about.

peld

Visit site
i play Jumbo Tour Velvets on all my clubs (bar putter). Feel a lot better and less flimsy in my hands (oo err)

Visit site
I’ve just bought new irons with 2 wraps of tape, standard size grips. I never really considered trying something different to what I am used to.

Whereas a friend of mine just bought new irons with the Bryson “JumboMax” grips with something like 8 wraps of tape.

Bubba has 15 wraps on the top half of his driver grip and 13 wraps on the bottom half...

There’s probably something in it tbf

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
my hand size suggest standard but I’ve messed around with different thicknesses and i find the bigger MCC+4 make me grip the club softer.