Beware GM Offers

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last month I saw the offer on here for a free 56deg wedge if you signed up for a subscription to GM. Duly clicked on the link and paid my subscription. Almost a month later and my card was charged but no sign of a new wedge!

Thankfully I'm not unhappy with my current 58deg wedge:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe speak to someone on here or email Mike as opposed to creating a thread slating them

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
GM are reliable and totally honest and are a credit to golf, I don't think that your approach to what is a simple problem to solve is the way to do it

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Free gifts don't come through until after you have received your first copy of the magazine, which can be 6 or so weeks after your have paid your subscription. I have had no issues with any of the free gifts that I have received for subscribing...so y'know...patience. The more you moan, the more chance that GM will pull out of offering any free gifts.

Maccy

Club Champion
Visit site
I still haven't received anything or any communication apart from order confirmation tbh. Would've been nice just to have an email saying you will get your first copy on xx date and whether I was eligible for the gift or not.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
to be honest I didn't think there was anything wrong with the OP starting a thread, it happens for other companies all the time... and there's usually a 'name & shame' comment or 'post on their twitter' comment given out as advice

GM will come along to this thread and explain and either the OP will look a bit silly or GM will, & would it be any less deserving if it was GM rather than the OP?

G

guest100718

Maybe speak to someone on here or email Mike as opposed to creating a thread slating them

I struggle to see where in his post he is slating them. If you are going to have public forums, Twitter accounts etc then it's a perfectly acceptable way to send feedback or raise a complaint, especially as we know the GM staff spend time in the forums.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I struggle to see where in his post he is slating them. If you are going to have public forums, Twitter accounts etc then it's a perfectly acceptable way to send feedback or raise a complaint, especially as we know the GM staff spend time in the forums.
It is warning about GM offers in the title. Surely the OP could just have contacted GM to find out the current position without putting out a general 'beware' ?

G

guest100718

It is warning about GM offers in the title. Surely the OP could just have contacted GM to find out the current position without putting out a general 'beware' ?

What about it? He's not happy and want others to know, seems fair enough to me.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am due a wedge. I've been told I'll receive it after the delivery of my first issue - which I think will be December. They did tell me, I just can't remember when.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think from memory (getting cloudier everyday mind) that these offers tend to have a significant time lag (possibly 6 weeks) but rest assured GM will always honour the offer and to be honest I agree with others and think the OP would have been better asking who or how to contact GM rather than coming onhere with such a strongly titled post

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
most subscriptions have around a 6 week time lag and free gifts very rarely get sent out before the start of a subscription. I have no doubt you will receive your wedge as promised. patience.......

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember in a similar post last month Mike or someone saying it takes up to (I think) 6 weeks to set the subscription up, might have been 4 weeks. I asked why but dont remember seeing a response. My boss would kill me if it took me that long to take money!! :D

I am guessing if they have just charged you (I would have taken the money the day you requested subscription) then I guess the wedge will not be far behind. I would love to know why it take so long to set up a subscription though... The waiting would put me off subscribing as it seems to sort of get you off to a bad start...

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
What about it? He's not happy and want others to know, seems fair enough to me.

What about it ??

He has not got a delivery date (or told us at least) so he doesnt even know if its late he by my understanding of his post, he hasn't contacted anyone to find out ..and you think what about it ? ? seriously ?

if he had contacted GM or Mike direct as everyone here can (how many forums can say that ) but got brushed off then fair enough but just straight up .. ? no way

To ME the heading on this post is bordering on slanderous he has no grounds yet to be saying BEWARE GM anything , GM their magazine their forum and everything about them has a good name and are contactable re everything the do , so to ME this is grossly unfair and unwarranted at this stage

Last edited:
G

guest100718

What about it ??

He has not got a delivery date (or told us at least) so he doesnt even know if its late he by my understanding of his post, he hasn't contacted anyone to find out ..and you think what about it ? ? seriously ?

if he had contacted GM or Mike direct as everyone here can (how many forums can say that ) but got brushed off then fair enough but just straight up .. ? no way

To ME the heading on this post is bordering on slanderous he has no grounds yet to be saying BEWARE GM anything , GM their magazine their forum and everything about them has a good name and are contactable re everything the do , so to ME this is grossly unfair and unwarranted at this stage

Not got that mod spot yet then?