Beware GM Offers

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the OP should and can say whatever he wants. He has paid is money.... should he be doing the running? If your running his card then you should be sending a note of some kind with some information or some kind even if its automated.

I get that the "Beware" bit has rung a bell with some though... but whatever, he is the customer.

D

Deleted member 15344

What about it ??

He has not got a delivery date (or told us at least) so he doesnt even know if its late he by my understanding of his post, he hasn't contacted anyone to find out ..and you think what about it ? ? seriously ?

if he had contacted GM or Mike direct as everyone here can (how many forums can say that ) but got brushed off then fair enough but just straight up .. ? no way

To ME the heading on this post is bordering on slanderous he has no grounds yet to be saying BEWARE GM anything , GM their magazine their forum and everything about them has a good name and are contactable re everything the do , so to ME this is grossly unfair and unwarranted at this stage

Summed up well

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it's 28 days after payment has been taken so yeah usually 6 weeks from 1st order. I actually did get worried because there is a fine print that says subject to availability so I emailed them and was told my 56 degree RTX wedge was ordered on 10th November and will be with me by 28 days after this date. I subscribed on 19th October and payment was taken 5th November.

I would imagine should anybody sign up and not get it due to out of stock they will be offered a similar value product.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about it ??

He has not got a delivery date (or told us at least) so he doesnt even know if its late he by my understanding of his post, he hasn't contacted anyone to find out ..and you think what about it ? ? seriously ?

if he had contacted GM or Mike direct as everyone here can (how many forums can say that ) but got brushed off then fair enough but just straight up .. ? no way

To ME the heading on this post is bordering on slanderous he has no grounds yet to be saying BEWARE GM anything , GM their magazine their forum and everything about them has a good name and are contactable re everything the do , so to ME this is grossly unfair and unwarranted at this stage

I can see a bit why he would be annoyed. If someone (GM in this case) had taken your money, and you'd recieved no communication since then about what you ordered, would you not be annoyed? Seems to me that feedback like this (albeit maybe not ideally in this format) could be useful. GM might realise that they need to keep their new subscribers more informed?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I can see a bit why he would be annoyed. If someone (GM in this case) had taken your money, and you'd recieved no communication since then about what you ordered, would you not be annoyed? Seems to me that feedback like this (albeit maybe not ideally in this format) could be useful. GM might realise that they need to keep their new subscribers more informed?
Why not contact GM direct ? Surely that is the best way to get a quick response, rather than through social media. There was no guarantee of a club, as it only went to the first 100 subscribers.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
it all boils down to communication, effective customer focused communication.

GM are fine but IPC sales and subs dept I have found to be quite poor, and that's who represents GM and the other mags in their stable. I tried twice to subscribe and twice the sales/subs dept took so long to answer my query the 'deal' was gone. Hard Luck! was the attitude I received.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
it all boils down to communication, effective customer focused communication.

GM are fine but IPC sales and subs dept I have found to be quite poor, and that's who represents GM and the other mags in their stable. I tried twice to subscribe and twice the sales/subs dept took so long to answer my query the 'deal' was gone. Hard Luck! was the attitude I received.

That's kind of what I meant ^

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

I can also see why he would be annoyed , just think he skipped about 10 steps ahead & if he had come on and said i had emailed IPC /GM /Mike h etc but cant get answers then i would kinda understand the heading..

Why not contact GM direct ? Surely that is the best way to get a quick response, rather than through social media. .

This is what i mean aswel and through social media in a very attacking manner, only IMO of course

Last edited:
G

guest100718

Lack of a smiley , leads me to believe that is not said in banter

if you wana disagree with what i said fair enough but if thats your best reply maybe put the ole brain in gear before you put your fingers in action eh ?

No I'm good.

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Obviously upset some people with my original post. Apologies for that, I'll wait and see if I receive any communication from GM or delivery of wedge and will certainly post an update to confirm if that happens.

G

guest100718

So ya dont wana disagree with what i said then , good stuff ta :thup:

Your initial response to my post was as ridiculous as it was biased. So much so I can see you went back and edited out the stuff about the OP being slanderous.

Is that any clearer for you?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your initial response to my post was as ridiculous as it was biased. So much so I can see you went back and edited out the stuff about the OP being slanderous.

Is that any clearer for you?

Confused.com now , I didnt edit out anything , im not sure where you got that from would you care to explain ? i see my OP the very same as the one you quoted in your reply so not sure how you think that ,

For the record .. i said it was bordering on being slanderous , and its still there ?

So NO not really any clearer TBH ?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Obviously upset some people with my original post. Apologies for that, I'll wait and see if I receive any communication from GM or delivery of wedge and will certainly post an update to confirm if that happens.

To be fair upsetting people on this board is not difficult, in fact you struggle to find a post nowadays where someone is not upset over something.;)

G

guest100718

Confused.com now , I didnt edit out anything , im not sure where you got that from would you care to explain ? i see my OP the very same as the one you quoted in your reply so not sure how you think that ,

For the record .. i said it was bordering on being slanderous , and its still there ?

If I made an error then fair enough, it doesnt make your post any less ridiculous and thats my final word on the subject.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

its does say on that post "edited by" on the bottom and when you do edit something ive found that updates onto any quote.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
its does say on that post "edited by" on the bottom and when you do edit something ive found that updates onto any quote.

Does it ? i didnt know that ..

I did edit capital the "ME" to emphasise that it was only my opinion ,

but did NOT change the content or edit OUT anything ..

As i have said before i will give my OPINION , doesnt make me right , nor does it make me wrong just because someone else disagrees , & i will discuss MY thoughts or OPINION with anyone but dont appreciate smart comments

Last edited: