Best YouTube/Magazine tip?

phillarrow

Visit site
I'm not a big fan of YouTube videos that claim they can cure all our golfing ails, or magazine articles that do the same. Personally, I feel they can cause as much harm as they cure. However, every now and again, I see/read something that genuinely makes a difference.

Two really good tips that I've seen recently and that have helped me are:

Alex Elliott's tempo drill - He suggested saying something in your head as you swing to help with rhythm and tempo. Since watching it, I've tried swinging whilst saying "One hundred and one" in my head...and it has really helped!

Nick Dougherty - In a similar vein, he gave a putting drill of saying "Back, Roll" to help with tempo. I've tweaked it and now say "1, 2, back, roll." I also use a metronome to practice it. Again, I've found it really helpful.

What, if anything, are you favourite tips you've seen or read on the internet/magazines?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Alex Elliott's tempo drill - He suggested saying something in your head as you swing to help with rhythm and tempo. Since watching it, I've tried swinging whilst saying "One hundred and one" in my head...and it has really helped!

I do this, with a different set of words. It's a good tip that also helps take away other swing thoughts e.g. worries about grip, takeaway etc.