Best / Worst / Most iconic drivers of all time

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Best for me TaylorMade R320ti until it got banned for COR limit, it really did trampoline I'm not a huge hitter but could easily get some long drives with this one, nice size head too, big enough but not the size of a shovel.
Worst probably TaylorMade R1, first adjustable driver I had but just couldn't get on with it, regular lost ball due to massive slice off the tee, not a huge fan of the white finish either.
Most Iconic Ping G30 the first of the turbulators, my first Ping driver and I still own it, it just works for me nice and straight (well as straight as my swing allows).

Just to add maybe I have rose tinted glasses for the R320 as I was a much better age when I owned it, and that's likely the biggest difference :LOL:

peld

Visit site
Another vote for the R7 as iconic. Pretty sure the weights made zero difference when your swing was crap!

Worst was the Nike Sumo. I had the generation after and was sooo loud, the original was ridiculous.

Best driver, I don’t know. Currently an M6 has replaced a trusty Ping G and that goes like stink. Always been impressed with the Epic Flash too.

sunshine

Visit site
Best for me TaylorMade R320ti until it got banned for COR limit, it really did trampoline I'm not a huge hitter but could easily get some long drives with this one, nice size head too, big enough but not the size of a shovel.
Worst probably TaylorMade R1, first adjustable driver I had but just couldn't get on with it, regular lost ball due to massive slice off the tee, not a huge fan of the white finish either.
Most Iconic Ping G30 the first of the turbulators, my first Ping driver and I still own it, it just works for me nice and straight (well as straight as my swing allows).

Just to add maybe I have rose tinted glasses for the R320 as I was a much better age when I owned it, and that's likely the biggest difference :LOL:

That's 2 votes for the R320 (y)

Think I also have rose tinted specs, as I owned it when I was in my mid-twenties and used to go to the gym 4 times a week :ROFLMAO:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best G400 really everything you would want.
Worst can’t remember the oem but called The POD .
Circular body with a large bottle top on the face.
Had a go at a pps one and smashed it , but couldn’t bring myself to buy one.
one for the Mizuno Perssimon woods just lovely.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Best G400 really everything you would want.
Worst can’t remember the oem but called The POD .
Circular body with a large bottle top on the face.
Had a go at a pps one and smashed it , but couldn’t bring myself to buy one.
one for the Mizuno Perssimon woods just lovely.

The Pod was an ugly one. Not as bad as The Hammer, but pretty bad.