Best way to record swing?

TigerTime

Visit site
So usually when I'm at the range I just take the bag and go myself. The thought of asking someone else to record my swing is petrifying. Even setting up a device behind seems a bit scary. I thought about buying a phone holder with a clip that I could attach to the sides of the bay but I presume that would be too close to actually get the full swing.

Anyone any ideas that don't involve other people or looking like a tool as I set up a camera from behind the bay and then proceed to duff it?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My I phone is fine from behind
It’s a bit tight from the front shot.
Put it on anything that will hold it.
If there is a bay for the pro to teach they are usually wider ,couple of shots won’t hurt.
Or just ask if it’s ok for a couple.
Practice ground is the best place.

Sekiro

Visit site
I’ve been using the outdoor practice area and one of them Joby tripods, set it up on my bag, get the distance right (I can check on my Apple Watch) then just press to stop/start recording. I did try inside the bays but found it a little tight and close to get a good angle.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
ON the practice ground I'll put it on a tripod without any fear and can handle the odd sarcastic comment. Down the range it's harder as the light is often poorer and there isn't much room to put anything up at the back of the bay. The teaching pro I use will use my camera to film for me in lessons so I can get a visual before/after to show the changes we're trying to make

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Red Epic and Canon 70-200 f2.8 - shoots in 8k and great slow mo. Steady with Gitzo Systematic tripod.

Barring that - phone propped up on bag or the seat at the back of the range - old man style leather fold out phone case is excellent for using as a makeshift tripod - open halfway and phone will stand up on a flat surface.