Best way to clean a golf bag

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My Callaway bag has several white panels which have now got mud splats on, and I'd like to tittivate it a bit.

I was thinking warm soapy water and an old toothbrush

What do you lot think? :)

Cheers

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
buy a new one, work out how much you earn per hr then work out how long to clean = new bag easily

I have an R11 TMX one and cannot get the mesh white regardless of time or miracle chemicals

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
buy a new one, work out how much you earn per hr then work out how long to clean = new bag easily

I have an R11 TMX one and cannot get the mesh white regardless of time or miracle chemicals

It cost £125 6 months ago and is in perfect condition apart from the mud, so loathed to ditch it already
I shall have a go and report back :)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I lays have white bags as they are a bit flashier than black ones. I just go and buy a good quality carpet/upholstery satin remover and use that, always served me well. I find once the satin remover has had a good chance to soak in then a nail brush and a bit of elbow grease brings the bag up really nice. Once you get it clean I always gave my bag a spray with a fabric waterproofing spray. I find that helps to keep it clean longer as you can give it a wipe like a vinyl bag.

I wouldn't bother with normal clothing type satin removers as they are normally more delicate and do not get the ground in dirt out.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My Callaway bag has several white panels which have now got mud splats on, and I'd like to tittivate it a bit.

I was thinking warm soapy water and an old toothbrush

What do you lot think? :)

Cheers

So, when you get to "a certain age " this is the sort of thing you have to post up ..... Heaven help us when we get to your age?

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I tind the cheap anti bac sprays you get in supermarkets for about a quid.

Use a microfibre cloth damp with hot water, spray the bag and wipe clean. Works a treat.

If you want to go the whole hog, you can use a steam cleaner with microfibre socks on for head covers and shoulder straps to revive them.

The best thing to do is keep a clean cloth in your bag and when you finish a round damp in in the last water hazard then use it to clean your bag straight after the round.