Best waterproofs

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
Looking for a set of waterproofs Under 100. I'm leaning towards the decathlon inesis set for 90 quid but not sure what else is out there

Looking to get a set that I can wear away from the golf course too, on long walks etc

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not overly convinced golf waterproofs lend themselves overly well to long walks especially if it involves rough terrain and by and large they are designed for purpose. Not sure you'll find too many suits under £100 as they are perhaps the most expensive piece of golf clothing after shoes (for decent waterpoofs). I did find this https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Waterproofs.html#usestorage

Otherwise, Footjoy and Proquip are two brands I've used historically and their products have given me a decent length of service so I consider the price I paid vs amount of time used good value for money. If you want all the bells and whistles like Goretex you'll pay premium prices

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
I recently bought the Craghoppers lined waterproof trousers someone on here recommended on a similar thread. They are fantastic and were £35 delivered.

D

Deleted member 1147

They were far from cheap, but I bought some JLindberg goretex waterproofs about 12 years ago.
they are excellent and have worked out as very good value over time, and are still in excellent condition despite how I’ve treated them.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Can't comment on longevity yet, but I've got Island Green waterproofs and so far, absolutely brilliant. Comfy, light, and most importantly dry!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm happy with my proquip stuff
Never tried Decathlon golf clothing but a lot o their other stuff is good value and decent qualtiy if you go for their upper range stuff.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I‘ve bought Galvin Green, ProQuip and Sunderland.

Despite being twice as expensive, the Galvin Greens haven’t provided any noticeable perfromance improvement. Will buy ProQuip or Sunderland again in future I think.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I have proquip tourflex trousers and can’t recommend them enough.
I've got a pair too, they're not over trousers in my opinion. I just wear them as normal trousers when the forecast is bad.

Excellent in all kinds of wet weather.

Just did a search for them to check I was talking about the correct model and noticed that Click golf have them at cheaper prices than elsewhere.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've got a Proquip jacket which is great. I have a pair of Regatta waterproof over trousers from my hill walking days in the bag. Do the job, on and off in seconds. Cost less than a tenner.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
If you are on a budget, I'd go for a decent gore-tex jacket and leave the bottoms at the moment. Or get off-brand bottoms that you will probably wear less often.

If you don't get something that is breathable (gore-tex) then it is not going to be all that useful. It will probably lead to you sweating quite a bit and you'll need to wash it after wearing it any length of time to avoid it smelling.

Believe me, I've been through loads of 'budget' options for golf and outdoor pursuits and realised last year it was pointless.