Best value brand relative to performance?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wondering what the thoughts are on this?
We know some companies charge serious cash for their clubs these days. I accept value is different for everyone depending on what you have available in the bank balance

To me irons must be Wilson Staff or Srixon
Both cheaper by a significant bit than rival brands and not as popular. But certainly probably match performance

What else offers same results as a competitor but at a much cheaper price?
Any thoughts?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not tried them myself yet but a lot of people rave about Orka, where you can get a fully custom fit set of irons for a fair bit less than the big name manufacturers. But it does depend on what shaft option you go with.

Up until now you'd say Cobra were great value, particularly on the F9 range, but I think their latest RAD drivers have bumped in price to almost up there with the others now.

LegendOle

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wondering what the thoughts are on this?
We know some companies charge serious cash for their clubs these days. I accept value is different for everyone depending on what you have available in the bank balance

To me irons must be Wilson Staff or Srixon
Both cheaper by a significant bit than rival brands and not as popular. But certainly probably match performance

What else offers same results as a competitor but at a much cheaper price?
Any thoughts?

Are Srixon significantly cheaper? Prices seem to have crept up quite a bit in last few years.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has to be Wilson Staff for me in everything except woods, just never seem to quite get them right. Irons, wedges, hybrids, putters, balls all top quality and significantly cheaper than the mainstream with stunning deals on older models.

For woods, Cleveland always used to be available at very reasonable prices when compared to other big name companies.

LegendOle

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cleveland is a good shout, I’ve a set of their cg7 irons. Great clubs for small money

Their woods seem to be improving again at moment and the putters are good for the money too

I've currently got the CG7 Tour irons. I still really like them but feel like punishment / forgiveness is a bit too harsh for anything that isn't hit out the middle. My 20 handicap maybe needs something a bit more friendly...