Best value brand relative to performance?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a G425 driver and while it’s not any longer than my own driver it was mega straight.
I never missed a fairway with it in the fitting.
My swing is in need of a bit of practice so all’s good .
Great clubs Ping my whole bag is almost Ping except my wedges.
They would be but the forged pings are just stupid expensive.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a G425 driver and while it’s not any longer than my own driver it was mega straight.
I never missed a fairway with it in the fitting.
My swing is in need of a bit of practice so all’s good .
Great clubs Ping my whole bag is almost Ping except my wedges.
They would be but the forged pings are just stupid expensive.
See how much I know about clubs...yes...I was fitted for G425 driver, 5W and 4H - not this i425 range I have imagineered...

Anyway i did like the driver. Will have to get used to the sound when hitting it - but against a cold and fairly stiff north wind I was getting, at bottom end of half dozen balls, nice and straight 210yds carry and I think 247yds with rollout. And in the cold and against the wind for my first ever hits of it that‘ll do me just fine.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice to see. They always made good clubs, but I hadn't seen them around for a while.
Good www.-some big name brands on there -and at sensible prices(Not the silly list pricing we get quoted in some places).
Still have MD hybrid from years ago,well made,quality materials,good headcover...had the grip replaced after lots of(mis)use
Really must go back to using it(it could well be the missing link:whistle:)
Always was more a Wilson irons follower,but would look at MD or Benross as good value at a sensible price range!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Wilson staff stuff is massively under rated. I have the FG tour forged wedges and in my opinion they are better than the mizuno MP-t10’s they replaced, both new and both forged.

The real bargains come from buying the previous models when newer versions come out. I got my two fg tour wedges 80.00 the pair when the new pmp range was launched.

My next irons will be Wilson Cb forged, just to get one up the brand snobs

4LEX

Visit site
Honestly the best value is buy the likes of Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno and Taylormade used. No one needs the last 1-2 years clubs.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Wilson staff stuff is massively under rated. I have the FG tour forged wedges and in my opinion they are better than the mizuno MP-t10’s they replaced, both new and both forged.

The real bargains come from buying the previous models when newer versions come out. I got my two fg tour wedges 80.00 the pair when the new pmp range was launched.

My next irons will be Wilson Cb forged, just to get one up the brand snobs

They are gorgeous irons.