Visit site
Hi looking at best low cost GPS system for golf for UK courses

Would prefer simple, small and without subscriptions

Any suggestions, anybody selling one ?

Had a look at the Garmin S1 watch but interested in choices out there

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Tesco Direct are still doing the Garmin 3 Approach at £120 - look under sat navs

Great tool, only downside is that it takes 2 x AA batteries (can use rechargeables)

When I got mine they were doing money off if purchase over (I think) £70 worth a look at

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can recommend the S1. I have one and it is simple to use, unobtrusive and providing all you want is distance to the green and lengths of shots it is excellent.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tesco Direct are still doing the Garmin 3 Approach at £120 - look under sat navs

Great tool, only downside is that it takes 2 x AA batteries (can use rechargeables)

When I got mine they were doing money off if purchase over (I think) £70 worth a look at

+1 here, I use rechargeables, charge the trolley battery charge the sat nav, simple. Its a good unit for the price, robust and accurate.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Bushnell Neo+. Small, battery lasts for ages 4+rounds in the summer easily. 25000 courses already loaded. £120 on the web.

Greg_M

Visit site
If you're not playing in comps - try 'mobitee premium' I downloaded to my iPhone for about £17, but I think it's available for Android as well. It has all the courses, including my local pay and play, and the yardages are super accurate.

It's a scandal that according to R&A I can't use it in a comp, but have to pay £150.00 for a comforming device,.

FN2

Medal Winner
Visit site
Don't forget to factor in the cost of downloading courses and subsciptions to the purchase price as well. After I did that exercise, I plumped for Shotmiser....

£165 with 20 free course downloads and no annual subscription. Additional course downloads are around £5 a time. You also need to think about just how many courses you actually play. If you play lots and lots every year, then maybe a device with an annual subscription and no download fees is the way to go. I don't play that many new courses, only a couple a year, so went for the pay as you download option.

A playing partner has a cheaper to purchase GPS (I can't recall which) but has to pay an annual subscription + course downloads on top which are more expensive than mine. After chatting about it on the course, he's thinking about getting a Shotmiser too.

d2cko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golfshot GPS for your smartphone, £18.99 and it will record all your stats like fairways hit, GIR, number of putts....

Last edited: