best place to get a single iron?

batchworth

Visit site
I'm am looking to buy a full set of replacement irons at some stage next year, as my Cobra FP irons are about 15 years old now. To prove they were getting a bit old, the 7 iron head snapped off at the weekend. I just want to source a 7 iron (doesn't have to be same make), just to tie me over until I replace the full set.

Any ideas, other than Ebay, of the best place to try and get one? Have asked the club in case they had an ex demo one about but no joy.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I'm am looking to buy a full set of replacement irons at some stage next year, as my Cobra FP irons are about 15 years old now. To prove they were getting a bit old, the 7 iron head snapped off at the weekend. I just want to source a 7 iron (doesn't have to be same make), just to tie me over until I replace the full set.

Any ideas, other than Ebay, of the best place to try and get one? Have asked the club in case they had an ex demo one about but no joy.
Have a look at retailers that do fittings, they've usually got a basket of 7 irons especially this time of year that they'll be selling off for a fiver or so.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have a look at retailers that do fittings, they've usually got a basket of 7 irons especially this time of year that they'll be selling off for a fiver or so.
I did this at Alwoodley a few years ago. I fancied changing irons and they had a basket of 7 irons that you could buy for £5 apiece. I bought a couple, eventually bought the set of the one I liked and sold the other for the same price on ebay. If ever you want a single iron, a 7 iron is the dream one. Every pro who sells clubs has spare 7 irons.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
American Golfs used to have a bargain bin of traded in old clubs, but they seem to have sacked off their second hand market nowadays.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"Other than ebay".
Tbh, apart from other classifieds sites like gumtree or freecycle, this would be by far the most likely source of something suitable.

batchworth

Visit site
here is an image of the cobra iron

1635161398203.jpeg

I'm not bothered if I get the same make. Looking on ebay, a single decent iron seems to start at around £25.00

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

Can you not re-shaft your 7 iron?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have got
Cleveland Black True Temper speed step 80 S flex nearly new condition

DSCN3839.JPG

DSCN3835.JPG

Taylor Made RSI TP forged TT Dynamic Gold Pro R300 (demonstrator) ex condition

Either club £18 in delivery

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
7 irons vary significantly in loft depending on make and model … you need to match the loft to your broken one to ensure proper gapping with the rest of your set.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If you are planning on getting a new set, I wouldn't bother unless you can find a matching club.

Either get a new set earlier, or play without. It might even help.