Best looking clubs

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never really consider looks as a factor since I try and use more forgiving irons. I don't think I'd buy a really hideous set though.

Mizuno irons tend to be the nicest looking I think. Not just the blades either, I think even the JPX900s are quite stylish.

I quite like the design of my steelheads, although writing 'steelhead' across them in WordArt looks a bit funny.

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Irons would either be AP2, AP3 or Callaway Apex
Driver TM M2 2017
Woods TM M2 2017 or Titleist 917
Wedges Sm6 or Callaway MacDaddy 4
Putter - Sucker for a red 2-ball odyssey. Either that or a scotty

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They're rare beasts in this country, where did you find them?
Early 90's from AG I think, I paid £250-300 first set of blades I've had won a club championship with them and won't part either. Thinnest blades I've seen

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd just start this one up again.

I was just playing around on the internet looking at different putters as I am looking to get a new one.

Came across the Wilson Staff 8802, which was remade a few years ago for Wilson's centenary. I'm too young to remember the original but I'm sure there are few on here that do.

That is one pretty putter, especially with the milling, giving the old school style a nice modern twist.

The reviews are actually very good, for what I would assume would be a very difficult putter to use compared to the big high MOI putters we have now. But every review I read loves it and says how much you feel you get compared to the modern beasts.

Never seen one in person, would love to give it a go. For £119 would be tempted

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd just start this one up again.

I was just playing around on the internet looking at different putters as I am looking to get a new one.

Came across the Wilson Staff 8802, which was remade a few years ago for Wilson's centenary. I'm too young to remember the original but I'm sure there are few on here that do.

That is one pretty putter, especially with the milling, giving the old school style a nice modern twist.

The reviews are actually very good, for what I would assume would be a very difficult putter to use compared to the big high MOI putters we have now. But every review I read loves it and says how much you feel you get compared to the modern beasts.

Never seen one in person, would love to give it a go. For £119 would be tempted

Buy an original, they're fairly easy to find on ebay and if you're patient you should be able to find one for a lot less than the new price.
It won't be a milled face but the milling is only for show IMHO.

I picked up a Wilson 8813 as part of a full vintage set recently, £15 delivered for the 13 clubs.
Played with it yesterday and got on pretty well with it.

JN & WS putter heads.jpg JN & WS putter soles.jpg

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Buy an original, they're fairly easy to find on ebay and if you're patient you should be able to find one for a lot less than the new price.
It won't be a milled face but the milling is only for show IMHO.

I picked up a Wilson 8813 as part of a full vintage set recently, £15 delivered for the 13 clubs.
Played with it yesterday and got on pretty well with it.

View attachment 24481 View attachment 24482
I wish you would stop posting photos of clubs I have had from new. They are not vintage, just a tad old.:angry:Wilson 8813 is a nice putter, but not very forgiving.:eek: