Best GPS Apple iWatch App?

aptleeman

Visit site
Hi All, I have an iWatch series 4 and an iPhone X (or 10) and i would like to invest in a golf app that gives the accurate yards to the green, doesn't have to have a map but can't hurt it there is an app out there that does have a map, and most importantly it needs to give me front, middle and back the green yardage. Happy if the app works with the phone, i.e. the map is on the phone screen and the information needed is on my wrist.

I have been using the GolfShot free app, but its quite slow and does not give the accuracy i want. I can upgrade to the GolfShot paid app but hoping there is something out there a little better.

Any suggestions greatly received.

Thanks

Ashley

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I tried Hole19 but found it a bit limited. I currently use the Tag Heuer app (formally Fun Golf GPS https://www.fungolf.com). The thing I like I see a good representation of the hole and I can move the aiming spot to anywhere, e.g. water hazard, and get a distance to it.

aptleeman

Visit site
I tried Hole19 but found it a bit limited. I currently use the Tag Heuer app (formally Fun Golf GPS https://www.fungolf.com). The thing I like I see a good representation of the hole and I can move the aiming spot to anywhere, e.g. water hazard, and get a distance to it.
Thanks FuzzyDuck, i had not heard fo the Tag Heuer golf app before, i have just downloaded it and will give it a go.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The accuracy of any app will be around the same. If the watch is connected to the iPhone, then it's highly likely that the app will be using the GPS on the phone. This means if your phone is in your bag and you wander away from it the distance isn't going to change. I either keep my phone in my pocket to avoid this or put the phone into airplane mode to force the watch to use its own GPS hardware (Apple watch series 2 or later). The disadvantage of the latter method is that this causes a big battery drain and the watch battery is tiny in comparison the phone.