Best Golf Shoes -discussion

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree with @patricks148 abut Ecco. I have a couple pairs, so comfy from day 1. Helped that I lived near an outlet that had an Ecco shop so could get them at a discount.
Now I have moved I have looked at alternatives (as I prefer to try a pair on before buying). Have had most makes in the past, none as good as Ecco, although have just bought a pair of Mizuno Boa Nexlite from our pro and am very happy with them to date. Very comfy and light, but I do play a links course so don't wear spikes very often..

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm quite the opposite of ECCO wearers, I've never had a pair that were comfortable. Currently are wearing a pair of Callaway golf trainers that once I get my feet through the opening are the most comfortable shoes I've owned

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm quite the opposite of ECCO wearers, I've never had a pair that were comfortable. Currently are wearing a pair of Callaway golf trainers that once I get my feet through the opening are the most comfortable shoes I've owned
I think I'm on your side here Chris.
I've had a few Ecco shoes and only 1 has been comfy.
And 2 pairs of Goretex ones leaked...
For pure comfort I find Skechers to be head and shoulders above everything else...

Diamond

Visit site
With the English weather I need 100% waterproof shoes so the Adidas ZG21 shoes have been fantastic. The Puma Ignite I would steer clear from unless you like having wet socks.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think I'm on your side here Chris.
I've had a few Ecco shoes and only 1 has been comfy.
And 2 pairs of Goretex ones leaked...
For pure comfort I find Skechers to be head and shoulders above everything else...
They do come with a waterproof guarantee, the pair I had that leaked were replaced and those are still going strong 5 years later.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My lad has just recently bought a pair of the new Payntr X 001F golf shoes. He's only worn them 3 or 4 times so far, but says they are very comfy straight out of the box. He's also down a size and a half over the Adidas Code Chaos he was wearing beforehand. Previously, he thought the Code Chaos were the most comfortable golf shoes he'd had.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Bought some UA HOVR gore tex with my winnings. I was dubious as usually prefer Adidas boosts but needed new shoes.
These are lightweight, dry and spongy and I highly recommend.

Brads

Visit site
Does no one wear classic styled shoes anymore. Are we all wearing “trainer” styles?.
looked at FJ premier shoes today and thought they looked great .
Is no socks and trainer styles the fashion go to.?
I even liked them in black but imagined I’d be a pariah hahaha ?

AAC

Visit site
Does no one wear classic styled shoes anymore. Are we all wearing “trainer” styles?.
looked at FJ premier shoes today and thought they looked great .
Is no socks and trainer styles the fashion go to.?
I even liked them in black but imagined I’d be a pariah hahaha ?

I have a pair of classic MyJoys in black leather with black patent leather toe caps and heels, they are brogue style and still look and perform great even tho' they are now 10 years old, my go to shoe in winter, they just need drying and cleaning after every round.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a pair of classic MyJoys in black leather with black patent leather toe caps and heels, they are brogue style and still look and perform great even tho' they are now 10 years old, my go to shoe in winter, they just need drying and cleaning after every round.

Does that apply to your feet too after a round in the wet wearing them? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use some Ecco gortex, they are really comfortable and the moulded soles are fine. But the gortex sock is well not a full waterproof solution as I have been squelching around !
The back is starting to wear away but that’s not hurting my feet. I have had them now for quite a few seasons last Ecco pair lasted 7 years.
I used to use Footjoy but I thought they took a quality dip and I never returned.
I have been looking at the sketchers I have normal sketchers to walk in and they are excellent.. plus they seem to be honest to their sizes once you know what works.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Worst shoes I ever owned - NIKE
Not as good as they used to be - Adidas
Know what you're getting but no longer top of the market - FJ

I've now (amongst others) got two pairs of Under Armour, they are just tremendous, soft, waterproof, confortable, great grip, I won't be changing unless they do an "adidas"

Also hearing good things about Skechers from friends, but I don't want to look like I'm wearing my granda's slippers so not ready for those yet

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
looked at FJ premier shoes today and thought they looked great.

I'm currently wearing a pair of FJ "Flint" from the Premier series that I won in a recent competition held on the forum.
Absolutely love 'em. Comfortable, light and give great grip. They also look good too, very "classic".
I had also purchased a pair of Skechers "Go Golf V4" trainer type, which I haven't worn yet.
They feel very comfortable when worn around the house to break them in, but with the ongoing problems I have with my left foot, (toe pain), I'm reluctant to wear them as the FJ's are giving me the support I need being a bit "firmer". Not perfect, but better than a more flexible trainer type.
I might just give the Skechers a run out at H4H though. Depends on the weather on the day.

tobybarker

Visit site
All my golf shoes seem to fail in the same way.....a split develops across the too, where my toes attach... That crease across the upper eventually (often soon) turns into a crack that lets water in. I have what I take to be standard feet, in that I can buy any shoe in my size and it tends to be comfy, but perhaps I don't after all...... That said, it doesn't happen to my ordinary street shoes. I have tried many makes and they end up the same way if made of leather

Brads

Visit site
Feed back on the Footjoy pro sl.
Actually one of the comfiest shoes I’ve worn. Very pleased so far. Also very light which should never be underestimated when your walking a fair bit in them.
So far , very pleased

G1z1

Visit site
I picked up a pair of Columbia shoes recently and noticed they had really good grips on them and played a few rounds of golf in them. They are by far more comfortable than any golf shoes I own and the have much better grips by a long way. I have only used spikeless shoes before. Picked up 3 pairs of them there that good. Some colours are on sale for £77 so cheaper than all the other golf shoes I’ve bought and black pair are full price £110 but that’s still around gold shoe prices anyway.B40349AB-6FF6-46EE-BBB3-A262CF8726C3.jpeg E98C62F8-EF1B-478B-991F-40DA7E471C75.jpeg

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
FJ for me. Pro SL in summer and Dryjoys in winter. Have an old pair of Nikes too for nicer winter days. I’ve used lots of brands over the years and haven’t had many issues. The dryjoys are the best shoes I’ve ever had in wet conditions.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I picked up a pair of Columbia shoes recently and noticed they had really good grips on them and played a few rounds of golf in them. They are by far more comfortable than any golf shoes I own and the have much better grips by a long way. I have only used spikeless shoes before. Picked up 3 pairs of them there that good. Some colours are on sale for £77 so cheaper than all the other golf shoes I’ve bought and black pair are full price £110 but that’s still around gold shoe prices anyway.View attachment 39071View attachment 39072
So your club doesn't have a golf shoe policy? Also got to say those look like they will chew up the greens.