Best Golf Shoes -discussion

NoLayingUp

Visit site
With the Golf market absolutely flooded with a whole host of great golf specific footwear. I'm curious as to what people wear out there on the course. It would be good to try to build a picture of whether there is a stand out performer in the golf shoe category.

I'll kick us off with what I wear:

Skechers Go Golf Elite v4 - straight out of the box comfort, beautifully soft leather and durable with a good style. Perfect all rounder in my opinion.

What are you guys wearing? and, in your opinion what's the good (and the bad) out there?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just bought a pair of Footjoy Hyperflex Wrapids to replace an aging pair of Footjoy ProSL's as a summer shoe...if I thought the Pro SL's were comfortable then I have to say the Wrapids take things to a whole new level.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
For me, the best golf shoes are the ones that suit you. I've tried numerous different brands but at the moment I am using Skechers GoGolf. Waterproof and comfortable. Good shoes. They're never going to win any style awards, but the functionality is great.
Comfort wise, I found the Adidas Powerband Boa to be extremely comfortable but the fabric inner wears at the heel after a while.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Impossible to define.

I like my Nike 270s because
They are comfortable, provide good support, they are spikless and don't look like old fashioned golf shoes.

Roctar

Visit site
I got 2 pair of druids £50 each, just as comfy as my Skechers, very good grip, but makes a squeaky noise walking over grass but not on concrete. ?
But for the money ideal to wear if you don’t want to hammer your prized shoes.

orangepip

Visit site
Adidas Tour 360 XT - very comfy under foot and feet don't feel too bad even after a hilly 36 holes. Excellent waterproofing as well. Would recommend.

NoLayingUp

Visit site
Adidas Tour 360 XT - very comfy under foot and feet don't feel too bad even after a hilly 36 holes. Excellent waterproofing as well. Would recommend.

I've heard mixed reviews about these from people I play with. They mentioned that the foam sole, especially around the heel seems to crack and become hard after a few weeks/months. Have you experienced anything similar?

orangepip

Visit site
I've heard mixed reviews about these from people I play with. They mentioned that the foam sole, especially around the heel seems to crack and become hard after a few weeks/months. Have you experienced anything similar?
no problems so far and I've had them for nearly 12 months

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, no issues with mine

....but that is why a question of "which is best?" can't be answered. So many companies, so many shoes, so many different experiences, and usually good or bad because they suit your feet much better than another persons feet.

CrapshotUK

Visit site
I recently bought the latest Under Armour HOVR shoes.
Very light, the sole is well cushioned, very flexible upper and waterproof.
Happy with these shoes and would recommend.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have some spikeless Puma's that AG were selling off in bulk at the end of last year. Not sure the name of them but they are as comfy as heck. I have problem with shoes fitting so I am always looking for comfy shoes that don't cost the earth.

Comfort can not be guaranteed from any brand, I have to treat each shoe individually so I could not blindly recommend one brand or another.

Mike79

Visit site
Adidas Tour 360... Had a while now, but due to limited golf they are like new. These are my 3rd pair of 360s.

Currently looking at a pair of spikeless shoes for off-course/driving range

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've got 3 pairs of Adidas Tour 360's. Two with spikes, 3 and 4 years old respectively, now reserved for winter golf. One pair are spikeless, this season. I've also got a pair of Footjoy Pro SL, 2 years old, and a pair of this years Adidas Adicross retro classics. The latter are the pair I wear most this year, easy to wear on and off the course, great to slip on and run out for 9 holes in the evening. I rotate them with the spikeless 360's, which I wear when it's wetter, both are comfortable.

I had a pair of Skechers but they leaked, swapped them out for the spikeless 360's.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

100% - I’ve had most brands and now I wear nothing else. Black in the winter ( dub them after the winter and then again before the winters starts) and white in the summer (same dubbing routine as the black one) - generally get 3 years out of two pairs before I change them just because…
great shoes!