Best Golf Courses

Nigel

Visit site
Hi

I am often asked by people as to what I think might be great golf course to play but I am not as well travelled as some. Has anyone got any thoughts as to what their best gold course is.

For the record I really love the Royal Cromer Golf Course(
www.royalcromergolfclub.com). There is something quite fantastic standing out there on an early Sunday morning looking out to sea and watching the mist clear.

I would be interested to hear other proples favourites.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can't go wrong with Nairn, Royal Dornoch, Carnoustie or Turnberry (Ailsa). All superb. North Berwick G.C. and Glen G.C. (also in North Berwick) are amazingly picturesque and won't disappoint either.

Machrie (on Islay) and Macrahanish are worth a trip too.

In Ireland there are far too many to mention !

mb617

Visit site
You could do a lot worst than the "golden triangle" of Coxmoor, Notts (Holinwell) and Sherwood, all close to Mansfield Nottingham. All great courses and fully playable all year round.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
You can't go wrong with Nairn, Royal Dornoch, Carnoustie or Turnberry (Ailsa). All superb. North Berwick G.C. and Glen G.C. (also in North Berwick) are amazingly picturesque and won't disappoint either.

You can't do much better than that list! It doesn't get any better than Dornoch in my opinion.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just returned from Cyprus where i Played Aphrodite Hills twice. It has two of the best holes i think i have played, The 7th is a par 3 with a 160-170 yard carry over a canyon, the 8th is a par 4 towards the sea where the canyon runs all the way down the left and the green is perched on the end of a cliff.

I also really like the links in Northern Ireland, Royal Portrush, Ballyliffin, Castlerock, Porstewart, Ballycastle.

oasis90

Hacker
Visit site
I've played Royal Cromer myself and it is a very nice golf course.. but another fantastic golf course in that part of the world is Sheringham Golf Club just down the road. The scenery is the same but the course is twice as good. Perhaps my third favourite golf course ever.. behind Royal St. George's and Royal Cinque Ports.. perfection