Crown Golf

batchworth

Visit site
Are there any other members on this forum, from other Crown Golf courses (i'm Batchworth). If so, I would be interested to hear if they are currently maintaining the courses up to a reasonable standard.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With the weather we have had this winter, I wouldn't put too much onus on the condition of the course. It's not like they will have been able to keep on top of mowing, etc with all the rain. Maybe give a few weeks or so until the weather improves (hopefully!) to make a better judgement?

D-S

Visit site
Courses you never think of struggling with drainage, have really struggled this winter.
Friends have a match at Burnham this week - they were warned to check the status on the morning as there was a trolley ban at the weekend.

The Fader

Visit site
Not a member but I've been staying at St.Mellion for the last few weeks and the courses are in decent shape given the weather and the time of year. Very wet under foot so only minimal grass cutting - some fairways cut last week - but I've seen the GK's
out everyday doing general maintainance and tidy up jobs.

Greens are very good (and have been cut on most days unless there's been heavy overnight rain) - even after tining and sanding.

Doubt our greens at home will be as good in the summer months.

No closures whilst I have been here and just 1 occasional temp green in play out of 36 holes.

batchworth

Visit site
Appreciate comments regarding the wet conditions, but having played two local courses within the last week and then playing back at Batchworth, really highlights how bad the owners have let it go.

They were down to about 5-6 greenstff a while ago, and now another two have left this week.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Appreciate comments regarding the wet conditions, but having played two local courses within the last week and then playing back at Batchworth, really highlights how bad the owners have let it go.

They were down to about 5-6 greenstff a while ago, and now another two have left this week.
Not much you can do if your course is a heavy clay surface. The other ones might not be. Ours resembles the Everglades at the moment (clay based) but just 5 miles away the nearest course to us is on chalk and is dry underfoot.

sunshine

Visit site

I thought the members at Batchworth were being locked out?