Best currency to use on a Turkey Golf trip?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're at the Titanic Deluxe Belek which is inclusive but am just wondering what's going to be the best way of paying for anything else whilst there? Card, Pounds, Euros or lira?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Id get some Lira but to be honest - they love foreign currency (to theirs) too!

Cant go wrong really - Id use card where I could but Lira the rest of the time myself.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Lots of places will have pricing in both currencies but if you pay cash in Euros dont be surprised to get change in TL...especially in some smaller shops.

IanMcC

Visit site
Euros are best, but we always take Lira as well. Lira are good for giving small tips, as a note seems more substantial than, say, a 2 Euro coin.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Euros are best, but we always take Lira as well. Lira are good for giving small tips, as a note seems more substantial than, say, a 2 Euro coin.
I have never ever used Turkish Lira in Belek. Preferred cash is definitely Euros.
You make an interesting point that has never occured to me, but I've not had any problem giving tips as Euro coins.
I don't think they even expect tips - it's not like the US where failing to give a tip is a hanging offence.

If you pay by card, it will often be done in Lira. Best to have a card with no foreign transaction fees.