Best courses to play

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I'm struggling to work out which part of their criteria below you don't understand :unsure: Read the second paragraph.

Edit....I've just created an account and submitted a review. Like I said, anyone can do it. My 4 ball review changed the overall ranking of the course.

View attachment 38678

I don't know why I'm getting involved but ranking and rating are two separate things.

The ranking is the result against certain criteria by trusted reviewers. They do state that the online reviews left are a consideration, but not the be all and end all - as you suggest.

The rating is based on the reviews left by anyone who chooses to review a course. Hence why your review may have changed the overall rating of the course.

The link that Sunshine posted does highlight the differences between the two.

D

Deleted member 23270

I don't know why I'm getting involved but ranking and rating are two separate things.

The ranking is the result against certain criteria by trusted reviewers. They do state that the online reviews left are a consideration, but not the be all and end all - as you suggest.

The rating is based on the reviews left by anyone who chooses to review a course. Hence why your review may have changed the overall rating of the course.

I'm not really interested in either of the above tbh. My point is that any Tom, Dick or Harry can submit reviews that affect ranking/rating (take your pick) without any idea of what makes a good course. 40 points round a wide open muni makes it better than 15 points round a true championship course. I don't think so ?

sunshine

Visit site

Thank you (y)

sunshine

Visit site
I'm not really interested in either of the above tbh. My point is that any Tom, Dick or Harry can submit reviews that affect ranking/rating (take your pick) without any idea of what makes a good course. 40 points round a wide open muni makes it better than 15 points round a true championship course. I don't think so ?

Sorry but you are still missing the point (deliberately?).

The Top 100 website sets out to rank courses against set criteria, trying to be as objective as possible (but recognising that this is subjective).

The ball rating is just based on user reviews that anyone can submit, regardless of their experience / knowledge of golf courses. It doesn't impact the ranking.

D

Deleted member 23270

Sorry but you are still missing the point (deliberately?).

The Top 100 website sets out to rank courses against set criteria, trying to be as objective as possible (but recognising that this is subjective).

The ball rating is just based on user reviews that anyone can submit, regardless of their experience / knowledge of golf courses. It doesn't impact the ranking.
I suggest you take a close look at their ratings, they totally contradict themselves. Complete waste of time.