Best Clubhouses in Andalucia / Marbella / Costa del Sol

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Hi All,

Planning a trip to Andalucia / Marbella area in September with a friend who sadly doesn't play golf. I may squeeze a round in anyway, but, main purpose of the question is does anyone have any recommendations of courses with clubhouses that are particularly good for a drink and lunch?

All the usual factors to consider like value, view, setting etc - any suggestions welcome!! I'd thought maybe Valderrama or Sotogrande, largely as I've not been to either and not at a level of playing (or re-mortgaging my house to pay for a round at :ROFLMAO:) either just yet too! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance! :)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
We recently looked at la finca cortesin as a possible location where the boys can play golf and the ladies can relax in what looks like incredible surroundings.

Very pricey though which put us off.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
I know the hotel can be eye watering! Apparently Gareth Bale stays there a lot.

Hoping the golf club lunch menu may be ok though :)

We recently looked at la finca cortesin as a possible location where the boys can play golf and the ladies can relax in what looks like incredible surroundings.

Very pricey though which put us off.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi All,

Planning a trip to Andalucia / Marbella area in September with a friend who sadly doesn't play golf. I may squeeze a round in anyway, but, main purpose of the question is does anyone have any recommendations of courses with clubhouses that are particularly good for a drink and lunch?

All the usual factors to consider like value, view, setting etc - any suggestions welcome!! I'd thought maybe Valderrama or Sotogrande, largely as I've not been to either and not at a level of playing (or re-mortgaging my house to pay for a round at :ROFLMAO:) either just yet too! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance! :)

My Uncle is a member at Sotogrande (he has a house on the new development there). It's lovely apparently.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is this at La Reserva or Sotogrande Golf Club? Made the mistake of confusing these two before now!

Sotogrande I believe. He said, and I quote, "they price the green fees so high to try and dissuade visitors - it's more of a members club and you get a preferred rate playing with a member". At 250 euros a round, I would suggest this is accurate :LOL:

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Sadly seems to be the norm for the premium courses in that area, though cheap relative to Valderrama at €400+ these days I think!

Sotogrande I believe. He said, and I quote, "they price the green fees so high to try and dissuade visitors - it's more of a members club and you get a preferred rate playing with a member". At 250 euros a round, I would suggest this is accurate :LOL: