Best cheap courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 31467
  • Start date

sunshine

Visit site
Nah he hasnt mate. He doesnt understand Aviemore isn't remote, nor or Grantown, or Inverness. Only to him.

Ok I will bite. Population of the UK is 67.3 million.

Aviemore isn’t remote for maybe 0.3m people, so is remote for 67m.
London isn’t remote for maybe 60m at least.

Objectively, Aviemore is remote and London isn’t. I don’t see how it is a difficult concept to grasp.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Leamington & Country Golf Club yesterday for £40

a very enjoyable course, would recommend and cheap around the area

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Ok I will bite. Population of the UK is 67.3 million.

Aviemore isn’t remote for maybe 0.3m people, so is remote for 67m.
London isn’t remote for maybe 60m at least.

Objectively, Aviemore is remote and London isn’t. I don’t see how it is a difficult concept to grasp.
0.3m people? So your radius must be less than 60 miles then? What's 60 mile radius from London? I'm guessing (LOL, know) that 60m don;t live within 60 miles of London.
Regardless, why is London your centre, why not Newcastle, or Edinburgh, or Perth?

D

Deleted member 31467

0.3m people? So your radius must be less than 60 miles then? What's 60 mile radius from London? I'm guessing (LOL, know) that 60m don;t live within 60 miles of London.
Regardless, why is London your centre, why not Newcastle, or Edinburgh, or Perth?
Instead of arguing about location why don't you post up some of the better courses that you said you could provide in post #54?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Western Australia is the centre of the world.

The people there are in a remote region of a very big country.
This very big country is very far away (remote) from any other big country.

They have some lovely golf courses in WA.

sunshine

Visit site
Western Australia is the centre of the world.

The people there are in a remote region of a very big country.
This very big country is very far away (remote) from any other big country.

They have some lovely golf courses in WA.
👏
But you must realise that some people on this forum would argue that Western Australia is not remote 🤣

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any cheap but decent course in WA , I'm off there at the end of next month.
Won't be taking my clubs but could get in a round.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Instead of arguing about location why don't you post up some of the better courses that you said you could provide in post #54?
Ballater
Banchory
Braemar
Kemnay
Grantown-on-Spey
Tain
Golspie
Spey Bay
Inverallochy
Fraserburgh
Peterhead
Brora
Strathpeffer Spa
Edzell
Forfar
Alyth

That do?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Did Aboyne offend you? :LOL:

If Fraserburgh was a 16 hole course it would be an absolute world beater!
LOL, thought I'd put it on there tbf. Great condition, the new holes are not my favourite though, really spoiled the old course of two halves that it had going.

The Broch, first & last you mean?

D

Deleted member 1147

Played Filey the other day. After getting beaten up at Ganton it's a decent and cheaper knock, if you're in the area.

CountLippe

Visit site
LOL, thought I'd put it on there tbf. Great condition, the new holes are not my favourite though, really spoiled the old course of two halves that it had going.

The Broch, first & last you mean?
I've not played Aboyne for a couple of years, what changes have they made? We normally stick to Ballater or Banchory when in that neck of the woods.

Re the broch, yeah, the first and last. Not alot you can do with them I suppose, maybe make 18 a par 5 and stick a tee in the dunes. If they were hidden in the middle of the round you wouldn't notice them as much. Very tough track though, never been close to playing to handicap.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I've not played Aboyne for a couple of years, what changes have they made? We normally stick to Ballater or Banchory when in that neck of the woods.

Re the broch, yeah, the first and last. Not alot you can do with them I suppose, maybe make 18 a par 5 and stick a tee in the dunes. If they were hidden in the middle of the round you wouldn't notice them as much. Very tough track though, never been close to playing to handicap.
It's many years ago now, but Aboyne changed the fifth (it's the practice green you see on the right playing down 6), an the old 6th green is now the fifth green for a long par 4, then on the back nine, 12th & 13th are new, 14 used to be the 17th, and the holes in between have gone, with the addition of the awful 15th & 16th.

it was much better as it was imo, defo 4th of the deeside courses behind Ballater, Banchory & Braemar in that order. It is however always in fabulous condition.