Benross Quad Speed Hot Driver

dantheram

Visit site
Hi all,

Looking at purchasing the aforementioned as my first driver, can be picked up for <£40 invreally good condition - is it false economy or is the driver worth a go?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Is a little subjective and you'll find different views.
My own is they have made decent clubs with decent components for quite a while. When I returned to this game after a long gap the whole 460cc driver was an unfamiliar thing to me. I ended up using Benross as bit of testing ground while I worked out what I was after (even carried 2 drivers for a bit!). Think I paid between 40 & 70 for each and was happy to keep one in the bag for 2 or seasons.
You do have to accept there will generally be a performance gap between them and the brand new latest n greatest, although not necessarily for you personally. Seen suggestion that has maybe widened a little more recently with some big R&D spend from the big boys. With some new ones being £400+ only you can decide if the difference justifies the differential, but I'd be confident it won't be 10 times worse.
To your question, I'd go for yes. If you don't like it you may be able to move on without losing too much.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have a Benross Hot Speed 2 (which I think followed on from the Quad Speed but I'm not sure how they went chronologically).
I actually got mine for £40 from the Scottish Golf show as new/second hand. I used it for a couple of years and was very happy with it. You might find that the loft reads 12° rather than the normal 10° or 10.5° but the flight was actually no different.
They used good quality components (mind has an Aldila shaft) and in fact I still use it now in my second/winter/holiday bag.
One of my friends has just purchased the latest Benross drivers and fairways and is very happy with them.
For that money I would go for it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
cant speak for this driver but i Baught a whole set of benross clubs to leave at my mates villa in spain. got no problems using them at all. all the clubs apart from the hybrid performs very well.

dantheram

Visit site
I think I’ll give it a go (being just £35 really keeps the risk down). Would prefer the speed 2 or a little more recent model but having read reviews there seems to be no glaring issues with the quad speed, other than it being white :)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Definitely worth a try at that price, I used a Benross HTX from new then switched to the Ping G400 driver not a vast differance in the two.

Benross are quality clubs and not far behind other more established brands.

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
I use the Benross HTX driver and have no complaints , the shaft in the driver is a Kuro kage and top notch. a few friends have tried and dont notice any difference to there top branded drivers