Benefits to your golf after weight loss????

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
so much will depend on an individuals swing and triggers.

a lot of people who loose a lot of weight find that they are now physically capable of getting into positions that aren't conducive to a good swing! James references this sort of thing, albeit obliquely as he was making another point.

Thats a very good point Duncan, I guess the fact that having put on a couple of stone and lost the ability to get into position that if it was to go the other way then i may start to go into positions that are negative.

I will possibly get a monthly 10-15min MOT type lesson or just keep monitoring videos with my iphone

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Heh... probably

Phil is a big guy and amazingly flexible, unbelievably in fact.

He winds his body like a corkscrew but it compresses his left knee, he has an amazing hip turn and gets the club into a great position at the top... unfortunately as the corkscrew unwinds it starts to throw the club to the outside so he steepens it on the downswing (in an effort to hit from the inside) but the plane is already going left... so he hits a cut fade across himself - not great,.. especially considering all that effort to hit from the inside :mad:

Is the above a description of a golf swing, or is he body-popping?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
My picture shows more how flexible you are but also just how much you load that left knee.....

phil1.gif

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I haven't got a lot of weight to lost, I'm carrying a bit of timber around the stomach area at the moment and I'm still only a couple of pounds over 12 1/2 stone. However, a couple of times a year I will get the running bug for a couple of months until I get bored and I always play better golf when I'm fitter. Usually I get down to just over 12 stone and I always feel a lot better even though it's not a lot of weight