Belle Dune/Le Touquet Golf Course

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We have a mini golf trip booked for Friday 12th - Sunday 14th April. Our itinerary is 18 holes per day playing Belle Dune and Le Touquet (La Mer and La Foret).

Couple of questions....

1. Has anyone played these courses and have any feedback?
2. Assuming someone has played any idea how they fair with rubbish weather?

Obviously still have a few weeks and hoping we have some dry weather but was wondering what to expect.

ludders

Club Champion
www.staugustinesgolfclub.co.uk
I have played at Le Touquet on the Pines course ( I think) we were due to play Hardelot which is about 30 miles nearer to Calais, but Hardelot was covered in snow so we played LT and it was clear of snow and very firm underfoot greens were ok but not great

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have played belle dune many times in all weathers. Rain is no problem as it is sand based.
It is a superb course and tough in the wind. Some very tight holes . I would play it above many more well known courses anytime.

SwingSlow

Head Pro
Visit site
Played both Le Touquet courses about 4 years ago. Both on sandy soil, so drainage wasn't an issue when it was raining for the Le Foret round. La Mer course is links, but high dunes, so many holes sheltered.,

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Played La Foret many (10?) years ago. Nice memories, but was hung over from session after Hardelot (that's where the Pines course is). Mainly flat with nice excursion into forest from memory. La Mer apparently better - at least for links lovers! Both andy so should drain well.