Belfry Driving Range and watching rugby/F1 this weekend?

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m driving my parents up to a wedding up near Sutton Coldfield this coming Saturday, and then bringing them back home after the reception at Moxhull Hall, which is only 5mins away from The Belfry… so I have a plan forming to fill the time while waiting for the call to pick them up. Just want to check if anyone who knows The Belfry can confirm my assumptions:
  • I can just rock up around 1pm and hit some balls at the range - no booking in advance needed?
  • Head to Sam’s Bar to grab some food and watch the F1 qualifying followed by the Eng vs SA rugby… ideally this would be on big screens in the bar, but I can do it with iPad and headphones - will the bar have F1 on TV, and also show the rugby even with it being on Amazon rather than Sky?
  • After the rugby, head back to the range for whatever time is left till I get the call

Is there anything else I could while there? I assume there is a pretty well stocked pro shop so I could play around with some putters I suppose…

Or any other suggestions for whiling away a few hours in the area (I did think about trying to fit a round in, but it would just be too late to get done before dark)

Cheers.

Grizzly

Visit site
Sit on the veranda and watch people hit and hope at the tenth, probably a couple of hours entertainment in that alone!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This may be a bad call, as one that Belfry day sounds good and two i've not been to this venue for a long time, but if Belfry haven't got it all on then Best Hotels Warwickshire | Lea Marston 4* Hotel Sutton Coldfield (leamarstonhotel.co.uk) is just down the road and also has a short par 3 course if you need more to fill your time. Driving range and probably cheaper food, although i expect it will be quieter.

Just posting really for others to comment but I'd personally call both bars to see if they are showing the rugby.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
This may be a bad call, as one that Belfry day sounds good and two i've not been to this venue for a long time, but if Belfry haven't got it all on then Best Hotels Warwickshire | Lea Marston 4* Hotel Sutton Coldfield (leamarstonhotel.co.uk) is just down the road and also has a short par 3 course if you need more to fill your time. Driving range and probably cheaper food, although i expect it will be quieter.

Just posting really for others to comment but I'd personally call both bars to see if they are showing the rugby.

Thanks for the suggestion - a whirl round a par 3 course might be more entertaining than filling time on the range I’m sure

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sit on the veranda and watch people hit and hope at the tenth, probably a couple of hours entertainment in that alone!
You can't see the 10th tee from the veranda. Not enough to see the shots anyway. You don't need to book anything. Just rock up and select a bay. Be warned that there is a limit of around 4 hours before you need to pay for parking.