Beginner Lessons - Co.Durham // Teesside Area?

Sekiro

Visit site
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a Pro in the County Durham // Teesside area that would give good coaching for a beginner golfer wanting to learn the basics?

Thanks,

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
I haven't used him myself, but Phil Redpath at Ramside Hall comes highly recommended from people I've spoken to.

Ramside also has a range and good facilities if I remember rightly.

D

Deleted member 16999

James Athey at Stokesley Driving Range. Great set up, driving range and Par 3 Course, ideal for beginner.

Also

Kevin Jackson at Sharpley.

Cliffy Jackson at Seaton Carew.

Fabia999

Visit site
I used Simon Robinson when he was at Sharpley, would still be there but he moved to Rockcliffe and it’s a bit far. I’m not sure how far that is from you but I recommend him.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
I used Simon Robinson when he was at Sharpley, would still be there but he moved to Rockcliffe and it’s a bit far. I’m not sure how far that is from you but I recommend him.
I used Simon at Sharpley/Boldon, he was really good and didnt over complicate things. Will send you a video analysis and write up of your lesson after with some drills.

Zig

Visit site
I've used Cliff Jackson at Seaton Carew - he's great. As is Andy Betts at Wynyard.. incase either of them are more local for you. ;) Both have fab facilities.

Jame Harper also does putting lessons at Wynyard and is great also.

Can't comment on any of the others people have suggested.

Fabia999

Visit site
I used Simon at Sharpley/Boldon, he was really good and didnt over complicate things. Will send you a video analysis and write up of your lesson after with some drills.

Yeah, I stopped lessons completely when he moved to Rockcliffe. I've just started with Steven McDonnell at Team Valley. He's got a great set up and I am a big fan of the drills he's given me. Got some cracking deals on a membership as well.

123*

Hacker
Visit site

Couldn’t recommend Simon enough, he is fantastic!

Sekiro

Visit site
I’m actually in Sedgefield, which makes me a Teesside postcode (TS21) but it’s counted as Co.Durham :rolleyes:

EBAE3AB2-2BA9-4A0D-BF5D-BC3F79DAF7F4.jpeg

My closest course is actually in Sedgefield (Knotty Hill Golf Centre) but they don't seem to have a Pro listed on their website. I’ve sent a few emails across to the other local coaches but not heard anything back as of yet, if I’ve not had any joy by the weekend I’ll look to pick up the phone and give some a call.

Zig

Visit site
I’m actually in Sedgefield, which makes me a Teesside postcode (TS21) but it’s counted as Co.Durham :rolleyes:

View attachment 31893

My closest course is actually in Sedgefield (Knotty Hill Golf Centre) but they don't seem to have a Pro listed on their website. I’ve sent a few emails across to the other local coaches but not heard anything back as of yet, if I’ve not had any joy by the weekend I’ll look to pick up the phone and give some a call.

Well the guys at Wynyard are only along the road.... you can have lessons with one of the pro's who will tweak and improve your swing, or they did offer a Leadbetter experience where you'd have a swing built from the ground up.

And if Wynyard's not your thing, it's only another 10 mins to my home course of Seaton Carew, and Cliffy the pro there ;)

Zig

Visit site
Just seeing all the North East based people on here: is there any interest in some sort of local meet?

I'd be happy to arrange if so. Loads of local courses which'd be a fab venue too.

Sekiro

Visit site
Just seeing all the North East based people on here: is there any interest in some sort of local meet?

I'd be happy to arrange if so. Loads of local courses which'd be a fab venue too.

There does seem to be a lot of people from the NE, guess we’ve got nothing else to do up here haha!

Once I’m through the basics and shooting a reasonable score I’d be up for it.

Reactions: Zig

Heavy-grebo

Assistant Pro
Visit site

View attachment 31893

Mike Whitfield is the pro at Knotty, I'd highly recommend him, he's busy too but worth the wait IMO.