beginner advice plz... club lofts

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
bought my irons 2nd hand, MD Golf Tour Steel UST reg Graphite shafts... mint condition btw if it makes any difference

I emailed them asking for lofts of the clubs (Thanks to MD for a swift reply)
so my gaps for clubs are as follows....
Cobra HS9 12 deg
4 wood 18 degree
6 wood 24 degree
3 iron 20deg
4 iron 22.5deg
5 iron 25deg
6 iron 28deg
7 iron 31deg
8 iron 35deg
9 iron 40deg
PW 45deg
SW 56deg

as I see it the only gap is the 11 degree's between the pw and sw, would a 50 deg or 52 degree gap wedge be required or just suck it and see?

I hit the 4 & 6 woods ok of tee and the deck but still getting used to hitting driver. I also have the opportunity to buy a 20&23 deg cobra baffler for a very good price, thought these would let me drop the 3 and 4 iron which I am very inconsitent with at the moment but would they be needed with the 4 and 6 wood in the bag?

what do you reckon as I am at a quandry :D

thanks in advance

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree. A 50 or 52 would fit that gap nicely.
As for the 6 wood, you don't see those around very often.
If the cobras are such a good price and you struggle with your 3 and 4 iron, try them first and if they are better, go for it :D

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
the 4 & 6 wood came with the irons Bob so might aswell use em. Only paid £50 for the lot inc bag, MD 12deg driver (and a chipper lol, gave that my boys) so will no doubt change/upgrade the lot in the next 12-18 months if needs be.

just looking to cover my bases as I am now working on my club distances as got my swing fairly consitant (took me 3 months of lessons and god knows how many range balls lol)

the 2 baffler hybrids are 50 quid the pair... not bad?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
£50 for 2 is quite good. you may even be able to drop the 6 wood as it will be covered by the 3 hybrid. But try them out first and see how far they all go

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
yeah thats the plan for Saturday morning, got a massive field opposite my house so gonna get my trundle wheel out of the work van and send the kids to go and collect the balls afterwards ;)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
right, am getting the 2 hybrids so a no3 20 degree & no4 23 degree

will get a 52 wedge off ebay and drop the 3, 4 iron and see how the hybrids go along with the woods for starters

thats my 14 clubs although not using the driver much initially

cheers for confirming what I akready sort of felt

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
haha, I have read of your lack of love for them Brendy, I have hit a couple already and found them easier thn my 3 and 4 iron

Once I get better I will no doubt go back to using longer irons when I purchase my 1st set of C/F clubs... I promise ;)