Becoming Captain

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So, I'm currently away for captains weekend and it's been announced I'm next (apparently I was made vice at xmas).

Have been informed that we have a budget of £300 per person and needs to be within 1hr of m25.

Anybidy got any suggestions. Will be this time next year.

Also, any ideas for what else I should do other than show up?

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Jesus Christ 300quid per person, we have a captains away day but the budget certainly isn't 300 quid per person. Enjoy!

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Couple of questions - you were made vice-captain and didnt even know? How is that possible?

Second question, how on earth is your club funding an away day at £300 per head? If I was a member I'd be raging at such a flagrant waste of funds, an away day should surely be at member's own expense?

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Couple of questions - you were made vice-captain and didnt even know? How is that possible?

Second question, how on earth is your club funding an away day at £300 per head? If I was a member I'd be raging at such a flagrant waste of funds, an away day should surely be at member's own expense?

This

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

It's a society, so it wouldn't be from a clubs money. But as has been guessed, there is a cap on what the members are wiling to pay.

This years captain has been ill and missed most meets, and wire's were crossed with him thinking secretary had spoken to me and vice versus.