Battery Question

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Powakaddy Freeway trolley and using a replacement battery (Litepower Lithium). All been going well . Used it last week twice as per normal - 36 holes on the one charge. Brought it home plugged it in & charged it - or so i thought . Took it out yesterday put it on the trolley and nothing! Not the slightest hint of the trolley moving. Perhaps i hadn't charged it properly. Brought it home again & plugged it in. The green light came on pretty much immediately suggesting it was fully charged. Took it out again today - still nothing. Not the slightest hint of power.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what may be wrong? Battery is only about 2 years old at most?

D

Deleted member 15344

Have you tried a different battery on the trolley ? Possibly a connection to trolley issue ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Litepower lithium cut out after falling and getting a bit of a bump . I had to push it up the last. But it came back on after being charged.
Give motto caddy a call they make them, and they'll give you advice.:thup:

No point in calling Litepower they never answer calls or reply to emails.:mad:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ta all.

First thing to do as suggested is to try my battery in someone elses trolley - and also try their battery in mine. (I've experienced the thing with the battery discharging after a jolt - but it's not that this time).

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I had exactly the same occurrence on Friday evening, but with a Motocaddy. Been using my trolley everyday over the past 10 days, was fine Thursday, battery recharged Thursday evening, unloaded the car and set up Friday, no sign of power. Went straight over to one of the rentals, tried my battery there and it fired up fine. Put back on my trolley and dead as a dodo still. Took mine into the pro shop to be sent off to repair this week, it's 5 years old and in need of a service anyways. Seemed to be losing power of late as I could walk faster than it when set on full power, and there were a couple of other issues. The pro very kindly lent me a trolley all weekend, which ran fine on my battery, with me having to almost jog to keep up set on full power. Basically, my trolley knackered, battery fine.