battery advice

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I got my motocaddy in decemeber last year and never had a problem with the battery and play once a week. I did my normal charge up pre round yesterday. Got to the course this morning fired up the trolley and the display said i had about half battery at best. When cranking up the speed to about 6ish it dropped to one bar. I was worried i wasnt going to get round the course whilst trundlin down the 2nd.

The trolley made it around but found it a bit slower than normal so to compensate had to turn the speed up which was risky with the low battery and when i did the power bar dropped right down to 1 bar. Its only an 18hole battery so i was suprised it made it round considering what the display said.

Im not sure whether my display is dodgy the battery is dodgy or for some reason it didnt charge correct although when i took it off charge the green light was on to suggest a full charge was complete.

Is there away I can test it or shall i just recharge it tonight and hook it up in the morning and see how it is? If its still nackered i will take the trolley and batrtery back to AG and see what they say.

Has anyone else ever had this problem :confused:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
It sounds like you keep part charging the battery. If you are doing that then it will not charge up fully. My advice would be to put it on the trolley, jack the wheels up and turn it on to full power, leave it until the battery is totally dead. Then upt it on charge and that should get the battery taking a full charge again.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most batteriss now you leave connected so it can be fully charged. Trickle charge will keep it topped up for when you goto play.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
sorted it. somehow i flicked my trolley onto a different mode. when turning on i held in the "a button" which does the pin code, then tapped it a couple times which alters the battery meter into different readings which i didnt know. I tried it all this morning trying to recreate what i was doing at the course when i was trying to remember to change the time.
So turns out it wasnt my golf equipment it was user error same problem as my clubs lol