Baseball grip vs interlocking

4LEX

Visit site
I changed from an interlock grip to a basegrip due to a thumb injury and played some of my best golf. I felt as time went on I got loose and turned into a bit of a slogger with it through. Ball striker and distance was good but accuracy from 100 yards down.

Have since changed back after the injury cleared up but still occasionally switch mid round if I'm having a bad day. I think playing around with strong/weak grips and other variations improves you as a golfer. You can see the difference a strong grip makes vs a weak one on the range with exactly the same swing.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been baseball most of my golfing life. This last few months I've been overlap.
Another one with thin fingers who cant do interlock.

My grip is usually on the strong side. It did go weak in the left hand sometime last year. Hit alot of weak wipey fades. Decided to go back strong and now can hit the odd hook.

sjw

Visit site
About 10 years ago I used to do the overlap grip as interlocking felt so uncomfortable. Now I've picked up golf again at the ripe old age of 27, I went straight to interlocking grip and it felt absolutely fine. Overlapping feels like I've got way less control of the club.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
just wondering if a baseball grip would allow for easier manipulation of a shot, having more separation in the hands?

Mandofred

Visit site
And yet for Happy Gilmore...it....just.....might.....work.
1*OnVRTxt2MPCwi47pbglOFA.jpeg