Bargains? I haven't seen any.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Are there bargains to be had on ebay?

A lot of the golfing gear I've seen on there seems to be top dollar, especially when you take postage into account. Sometimes I feel like e mailing the seller to say "YOU'RE CHARGING DEARER THAN THE SHOPS YOU ROBBING GIT!!!"

What bargains have you had on ebay?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Its mostly because they are local Pro shops selling or dodgy crap from China. You can get decent deals on gloves and balls and the old second hand club or polo.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
There are some but you need to be careful. I recently picked up a Callaway FT-3 tour driver for £56. Followed that up this week with a Callaway Fusion FT-3 badged tour bag for £21. This did have one damaged pocket which has since been repaired to good as new. Obviously showing some minor wear but not significant. Both of these were collection only items which i guess put most people off. I also never bid until the last few seconds as to keep the price down. Very pleased with both. The driver as greatly improved my driving giving more confidence with the larger head.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I did get some Ping used (like new) T shirts for about a fiver each and some new ones for about £20 which are real and decent, I also got a Callaway windshirt for £30 and I think they rrp at £45+, so there are some bargins, nothing like it used to be when it first started and before the fakes joined.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont think that is what he meant Viscount, I was confused at first but I think he means that you would be able to buy a brand new set that is custom fitted for you for about £50 more meaning that the price offered is not good and therfore it is not worth buying the clubs off ebay. Am I right Parmo?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
tbh they tend to want their cash back and knock off about £50 on a full set which are not custom fitted and scratched to hell.

why would you want to buy a set that's been cf'd for someone else?

I didnt mean the second hand ones, I meant you could buy the set new for an extra £50 and get a new set + free CF'd

Medal Winner
Visit site
im not registered on ebay ,but i do have a look,some
stuff is not mutch cheaper than your golf shop.Other
golf gear seems very cheap to cheap to believe they
do sele at the price thats bid,do there mates bid at
the last min so people dont get the real bargains.
3636 billy

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We've made some good buys. but odds and ends rather than full sets.
My driver (mizuno) was £100 second hand at local pro shop. Liked it a lot but was only looking for a 3-wood. In the end got both on ebay from same (private) seller for under £100 inc postage. They're ladies but belonged to a junior who'd outgrown them. Wouldn't change them for the world and have since added 5 wood.
Yes, you can be ripped off, and a lot of traders aren't really undercutting shops, but you can do well if you're prepared to put in the time looking(and some people I know would just rather ebay than shop!)

AliB

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it's cheaper in the Pro Shop then go and buy it from there...ebay is like anything - if someone really wants that exact thing then they'll pay whatever for it.

If you're after cheap tat then what do you expect.....