Ball & Tee Monthly subscription

Vicjoy

Visit site
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone had any experience in subscribing to having balls, tees and gloves delivered on a regular basis. Just seeing what value people feel that this brings or whether it is easier to just pick them up from a pro shop or other retail outlet?
Vicjoy

AdamC28

Visit site
Once I've found a ball I like I usually buy in bulk so they last me a while and found this most cost effective.
Same with tee's, buy a huge bag and they'll last me forever.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Never subscribed to gloves, balls and tees, didn't even know it was a thing. I usually buy as and when I need them, balls when I see a decent deal (easier now my lad gets staff discount at AG). Gloves I get from Costco in packs of 4, tees, usually two for 3 deals on bags, last me a season or two.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I have never seen anyone advertise balls and gloves monthly. Cant say it would be something that interests me. I usually win enough balls to last me the summer and play with whatever crap is in the bucket in the pro shop during the winter.

Unless it was taylored that I can pick what balll and how many and what glove and it all cost less than retail. Less enough to encourage me to put the effort into setting it up. I dont see how any of that would ever be feasible though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Buy all my gear on spec as and when I need it. See no need to subscribe to anything to get them and would prefer the choice to get the make/model I wanted and not be limited to the subscription choices

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sure people said the same in the past about food, spices, healthy snacks, shaving blades, washing tablets etc but now all are available on subscription. It might not be for some of us but it is an interesting idea. People like simplicity and new balls coming through the letter box once a month, cost spread, may suit some people.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t wear a glove, I bought a big bag of tees probably around 5 years ago and still got a lot left, and don’t play to a high enough standard to worry about what ball to use so will play with anything I come across so a monthly plan would be no good to me.

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I buy Pro V1 in the January sales, usually about 6 dozen then that’s it for the season.

I buy gloves as and when required, I love the callaway ones from Costco real soft leather.

Tees I buy from eBay, usually £10 for 1000.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last time I bought any tees was about 12 years ago 1000 off ebay for £10 and I have not yet opened the box.

Balls I buy 3 dozen at a time and they last for more than a season.

Gloves - I am fairly particular about and when I find one I like I buy enough for a couple of years.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
where is this happening - just interested to look at such packages - can't imagine how it could ever be value, but interested none the same?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
So it looks like they just send a random selection of goods & brands every month. Seems you don't get to choose what you want. Don't see how thats going to work - certainly not for me.

Vicjoy

Visit site
some interesting posts and thanks to all for responding.I agree that the element of brand loyalty will play a big part when you have found a ball / glove that suits your game. I guess if you could choose which balls you wanted to receive and which glove and the sub was tailored to your preference and then you received a box with the items and some other items every month, that could make it more appealing? I guess it would either have to be more convenient, more cost effective or both for it to work. Would be great to hear further thoughts.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Basic subscription = £59...

Includes 3 sleeves of Srixon AD333 approx cost bought separately = £15...
A copy of Golf magazine = £5
A bag of tees = £??... call it £5.
And every 3 months a glove... £15/3 = £5 a month.

£25 of gear will cost you £59...

Hahahahahahahahaha..