Ball & Tee Monthly subscription

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t understand it tbh

To play golf you go to a course which will sell all this stuff cheaper than this so why not just buy it in the shop before a round?

Failing that just buy off eBay etc

I stocked up few months ago, 6 dozen snell “get sum” balls £99, 3 wilson staff gloves £30 and some tees (call that £5) that will last me more than a season for the balls and the tees: gloves depends on wear

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Buy from your local pro shop. It's their bread and butter and most will have offers. Use them or lose them!
This. Granted some don't carry wide stocks of clothing and clubs but if we can give them as much support for the essentials (every little helps as someone once said). Has to be better than giving to a faceless online retailer or high street chain and most pros I know will price match on most items

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Would never entertain that. As soon as anyone understands that you can pick the equivalent up for a lot cheaper purchased elsewhere, they would be mad to subscribe at that cost, not even a dozen balls a quarter....

1 DOZEN AD333 £18.99
1 Callaway Leather Glove £9.99
100 tees £3.99
Golf monthly Subscription (£38 per year - £9 per quarter)

Just using Clubhouse as an example you can already save approx £20 cheaper on the quarter, for an extra three balls, a better quality glove, which can be had even cheaper at Costco (pack of 3 = £6 each). Can get the tees cheaper on ebay, switch the balls for Wilson DX2 and get them for £15.00 a DOZEN. You'd be paying approx £26 a quarter in total, less than half of the basic crate rate of £59.

It's a no from me.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it were significantly cheaper than even buying online and I could choose the balls then I would consider. My pro shop does not sell the balls I like and so I have to order online anyway. A dozen balls, a glove and a bag of tees delivered to my door at a price similar to simply ordering a box of balls from Amazon prime would be appealing but it would have to be the cheaper option otherwise no point. As I can get what I need from Amazon and have it arrive the next day, you would need to be able to offer be savings over and above that and based on pure economies of scale I suspect that is not possible.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Basic subscription = £59...

Includes 3 sleeves of Srixon AD333 approx cost bought separately = £15...
A copy of Golf magazine = £5
A bag of tees = £??... call it £5.
And every 3 months a glove... £15/3 = £5 a month.

£25 of gear will cost you £59...

Hahahahahahahahaha..

You beat me to it Brian, where's the value in that deal ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't do it. Like most people I replace things on an ad hoc basis. One glove might wear out quicker than the next one due to weather, or playing more, or whatever. I wouldn't want my brand new one to arrive and need paying for when there's still nothing wrong with the old one. Or what if the old one wears through and it's still 3 weeks til my next scheduled delivery, I have to spend extra on an additional one as a stop gap? Not for me.