Ball sitting in pitch mark on green

Lindyhop67

Medal Winner
www.perfectequilibrium.co.uk
Unfortunately this happens all too often.

My ball is on the green and, after marking the position and picking up the ball, and just as I am about to reposition the ball, I notice it will be in an unrepaired pitch mark (not its own). Can I repair this before replacing the ball?

Thank you.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If it's a pitch mark then yes you can. If its anything else you can't.

I will now always mark and replace my ball on the green. A few weeks ago I played up to about 2 feet. The ball looked fine so I just went up to it and hit it. I hadn't noticed that it was sitting in an old pitchmark and it jumped a foot in the air and missed by a mile!!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
A few weeks ago I played up to about 2 feet. The ball looked fine so I just went up to it and hit it. I hadn't noticed that it was sitting in an old pitchmark and it jumped a foot in the air and missed by a mile!!

It's odd how often Smiffy gets mentioned on the forum but (believe me) THAT is one of his speciality shots... and the missed putt from inside a foot... the 4-putt is practically trademarked to him! :D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It's odd how often Smiffy gets mentioned on the forum but (believe me) THAT is one of his speciality shots... and the missed putt from inside a foot... the 4-putt is practically trademarked to him! :D :D

I've mastered all of those now.
Thanks to Bobmac
;)