Ball selection?

BROOKIE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've been using the Srixon soft feel balls for about 18 months now,and my scores are a lot more consistant ,never used a pro v1 cos the price is way out of my pocket power,

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have been using the new Wilson Staff DX2 ball for a little while now and it's a great ball. Reacts very well off the driver and has a lovely soft feel from irons and the putter. Cant see me paying for Pro V 1's again.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I've used so many different types recently but for me prov1s are the best, I don't use them however. I get too wound up at losing 4 quid if I knock one out of bounds, Im currently rocking TM penta practice balls off ebay while still not pleasant losing one.....losing two doesn't ruin my day.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, some interesting responses.
I'll probably go with the DX2 next year, played a few and they do feel nice but then again so do many others lol.

Just a slight digression, when do you change your ball mid round? When it's proper scuffed or just slight nicks or somewhere in between?
Personally I wait until I feel like I'm not getting a true roll when putting, I think you can feel it start to go specially after an aggressive pitch shot.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been playing the dx3 for a few months now. Really happy with them, off the long clubs they are great, spin well and great off the putter! Very happy for £17ish a dozen!! Have got a dozen lethal now though, so will prob lose them quick! Lol

Mav281

Club Champion
Visit site
Bridgestone e6 here. Have been using them for a year or so now and have gotten so used to them. Off the tee and putting are the times when they really come into their own for me. Good distance off the tee and feels great off the face of the putter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would never use a lake ball. There is plenty of affordable options out there. I've plenty of premium balls and like them all except Callaway. I guess the simplest answer is to get a sleeve of the ones you want to try and then just see how they perform. One mans meat and all that

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently Wilson Staff FG Tours. Cheap. Premium ball with significant more response than any 2 pieces I've played although no quiet a Pro V1 I find I can get decent control around the greens. Other go to now is the Dx3. Another advantage is that it's not a common ball and make id much easier.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently Wilson Staff FG Tours. Cheap. Premium ball with significant more response than any 2 pieces I've played although no quiet a Pro V1 I find I can get decent control around the greens. Other go to now is the Dx3. Another advantage is that it's not a common ball and make id much easier.

They not cheap as there is some markings on them :whistle: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: