ball marking on fairway in front of green

dragnet47

Visit site
Is this true?? I was asked to mark my ball 1 yard from green as my playing partner was 3 yard away and wanted to put >so I obliged by marking but put it in my pocket while the the others continued I then replaced my ball and was told I had incurred a 2 shot penalty for putting my ball in pocket ?????????????

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is this true?? I was asked to mark my ball 1 yard from green as my playing partner was 3 yard away and wanted to put >so I obliged by marking but put it in my pocket while the the others continued I then replaced my ball and was told I had incurred a 2 shot penalty for putting my ball in pocket ?????????????

the penalty isn't for putting it in your pocket. the penalty is for cleaning it. your playing partners would have to prove that the action of putting it in your pocket cleaned the ball. which, In the summer is unlikely. To eliminate any doubt its best to mark and lift your ball and place it to one side.

sounds like you play with a right good bunch of lads!!!!

dragnet47

Visit site
Thanks and your right they are rules fanatics So the argument is by the action of the ball sliding or moving in your pocket is deemed to be cleaning it HO ho freaking ho cheers