Ball Below Your Feet

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The 6th Fairway at our place is basically one great big slope.

Everytime I play it I end up on the slope with the ball well below my feet.

My attempts usually end up with a top.

Any suggestions as to how play this type of shot?

A

Alex1975

grip the club as far up the grip as you can and bend your knees more than usual.

The ball will want to fall off the hill so if it drops right aim left.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Nothing much to add really.
It's all been said you clever lot :)
Just bend the knees, keep your posture throughout the swing, aim left and possibly hit more club than normal.
And don't hit your knees on the downswing :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bob (I might be wrong but..) did you or someone else on here not say that the ball will turn left from ball above feet lies but no compensation needed from hanging lies?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bob (I might be wrong but..) did you or someone else on here not say that the ball will turn left from ball above feet lies but no compensation needed from hanging lies?

It wasn't me but I do remember reading it and thinking "I cant be bothered"

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I have a tendency to overcompensate with ball beneath the feet shots.

I take my stance as above, plenty bend in knees, grip it high and aim left. The resulting shot is usually a fizzer which goes well left. I believe I swing out to in, possibly counterbalancing the natural tendency to fall over forwards.
Would putting a bit more weight on the heels stop this or would it most likely result in thinned shots?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a tendency to overcompensate with ball beneath the feet shots.

I take my stance as above, plenty bend in knees, grip it high and aim left. The resulting shot is usually a fizzer which goes well left. I believe I swing out to in, possibly counterbalancing the natural tendency to fall over forwards.
Would putting a bit more weight on the heels stop this or would it most likely result in thinned shots?

I suspect you feel the ball is going to get away from you and to compensate for this, you shut the face a bit too much. Keep your hands out of the swing and let the fade happen.