Ball above your feet

iku

Head Pro
Visit site
I've lost 4 shots yesterday playing balls from lies above my feet.

Is there any drill that can help with finding consistency with this kind of shot?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
On the range, place a ball in the normal position but stand off the mat, if you can. At the range I use this can "raise" the ball by 2 inches. This simulates the ball being above your feet - not by much but it's a start.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've lost 4 shots yesterday playing balls from lies above my feet.

Is there any drill that can help with finding consistency with this kind of shot?

When you say, you lost 4 shots was that down to poor contact or missing the target left? (right hander)

iku

Head Pro
Visit site
When you say, you lost 4 shots was that down to poor contact or missing the target left? (right hander)

Hi Bob, I hit those shot thin with the ball rolling 60-70 yds straight in front of me. This surprised me because I would have actually expected the opposite, maybe I was overcompensating to avoid hitting the ground before the ball.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Hi Bob, I hit those shot thin with the ball rolling 60-70 yds straight in front of me. This surprised me because I would have actually expected the opposite, maybe I was overcompensating to avoid hitting the ground before the ball.

Were you holding the club at the top of the grip as usual?