Bag chatter.... Have you eliminated it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to clarify:

1.Bag chatter has never bothered me, don't even notice it.

2. I cover my woods because they chip & scratch easily & stay reasonably tidy because the painted buts don't come into contact with the ball or turf.

3. I cover my putter because it is beautifully engineered & stays pristine because it is only used to putt with.

3. I have used irons for 60 years. They have never rusted, chrome plated or not. They may have picked up a few marks from banging together but only ever superficial. Nothing compared with the bashing the soles & faces get from multiple violent blows in all kinds of terrain, sand, stones, gravel etc. I've heard that using covers can trap moisture & lead to rusting, maybe that's why mine never rust. Then again, I know there are people who wipe down their clubs after every round. I've never done that either, life's too short.

Just never seen the need for iron covers. It seems to be a young golfer thing &, as has been said above, I am a ?
Fair enough but why is it Effeminate to use them.
I am 64 by the way .

Funt1m3

Visit site
I always carried until a few years ago…the ‘clacking’ of the irons and how I ‘held’ my clubs with my right hand and with right forearm resting on them as I walked I so miss. They were part of my golf…made me feel ‘close’ to my clubs. Yes I know that will sound weird…but it just did (nb…@fundy understands)
100% this. A lot of my pals using trolleys as we start to get older, and I can see the appeal (Damn back) but love that connection with the bag