CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back to Winter greens at Blairgowrie this morning! Hopefully it won't last. :(

7DSMj5E.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having played yesterday I am glad about what I wore on the course. It really was a case of a outer windproof layer. Nearly blown over by one gust on one of our more exposed hill top tees. Down south not really as cold as they were forecasting or it could have been the long johns and and goretex layers keeping it all out.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just been to do the supermarket run, it's baltic. 1 degree according to the car's thermostat, but feels a lot colder, really horrible wind. Playing at lunchtime, 2 degrees forecast, "feels like" forecast -4, 60% chance of light snow according to the met office :eek:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
we had snow on and off most of yesterday. one min it was bright sunshine the next howling gale/ snow/hailsones.

same again this moring.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
we had snow on and off most of yesterday. one min it was bright sunshine the next howling gale/ snow/hailsones.

same again this moring.

We had something similar. Sun on the tee. Hail on the green. Pretty much all the way round.

Today is just sleet.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We had something similar. Sun on the tee. Hail on the green. Pretty much all the way round.

Today is just sleet.
we are the same again, just been for my lesson and it was bright sunshine the whole time as soon as i walked into the car park it started snowing and went very dark, got a game arranged at 12.30.... don't think i will bother:LOL:

D

Deleted member 3432

Certainly very cold when I finished my shift this morning. Not much warmer now with a fresh northerly blowing.
Leaving for Silloth in 10 mins so it will certainly blow the cobwebs away from the last 2 night shifts :ROFLMAO:

No aspirations of playing any decent golf at all this afternoon......

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
we are the same again, just been for my lesson and it was bright sunshine the whole time as soon as i walked into the car park it started snowing and went very dark, got a game arranged at 12.30.... don't think i will bother:LOL:

I've declined an offer of 9 holes in the evening. No ta.

The Fader

Visit site
Played this morning in sunny Yorkshire. Definitely a minus temp taking into account the wind chill.

Last Tuesday - played in my shorts. Don't you just love the British climate??

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Certainly very cold when I finished my shift this morning. Not much warmer now with a fresh northerly blowing.
Leaving for Silloth in 10 mins so it will certainly blow the cobwebs away from the last 2 night shifts :ROFLMAO:

No aspirations of playing any decent golf at all this afternoon......

We got 36 in today, was wonderful!

D

Deleted member 3432

We got 36 in today, was wonderful!

Superb (y)

Played at 2-00 empty course, so got round quick enough. Absolute garbage golf, need to be hitting it well to have any sort of chance on the back 9 in that wind direction.

Certainly can't make pars missing fairways by 30 yards like I was (n)

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Superb (y)

Played at 2-00 empty course, so got round quick enough. Absolute garbage golf, need to be hitting it well to have any sort of chance on the back 9 in that wind direction.

Certainly can't make pars missing fairways by 30 yards like I was (n)

We no doubt seen you at that time!

Yep very tough on the way back in. Does the worry of nailing one of the houses on 18 ever go away ha?!

D

Deleted member 3432

We no doubt seen you at that time!

Yep very tough on the way back in. Does the worry of nailing one of the houses on 18 ever go away ha?!

What houses? ;)

As someone who has a big left miss, I'm more worried about the flowerbed in front of the clubhouse. Know what you're saying with some timber or very long iron in your hands for the second shot. Same with the 17th in these conditions, houses are in the corner of your eye o_O

Will be glad when the wind switches back to the prevailing wind.