Back nine woes

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lately I've been going well on the front nine but the back nine is a different story. I don't get physically tied so I can only put it down to mental tiredness
I can't blaim it on drink or a late night the night before
Last week I come second, beaten by 1 shot, I should have won by 4 or5
Anybody else suffering the same woes and how are you dealing with it? Much help needed

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lately I've been going well on the front nine but the back nine is a different story. I don't get physically tied so I can only put it down to mental tiredness
I can't blaim it on drink or a late night the night before
Last week I come second, beaten by 1 shot, I should have won by 4 or5
Anybody else suffering the same woes and how are you dealing with it? Much help needed

my way of dealing with it is to go up 0.1 ;)

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Could it be dehydration - it will affect your concentration. Low blood sugar can do the same; hence the popularity of the Mars bar !

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know how you feel, it regularly happens to me, only yesterday I had 19 on the front but only 13 on the back, not sure if I get lazy when I have a good score going.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yep, just yesterday I burned up the front 9 when playing for my club away at Fulford Heath with 5 pars and a birdie only then to use up all my shots on the back 9?

I know at my own club it's not down to the actual back 9 itself because if I start on the 10th I'll cock up the front 9!

I think it's a combination of mental fatigue & over confidence at times for me, although I thought at one point as I got more loose and relaxed I got more wild!

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Could it be dehydration - it will affect your concentration. Low blood sugar can do the same; hence the popularity of the Mars bar !
Yeh sounds like I don't drink enough cos it's been too cold, I like mars bars I'll def try one on Sunday

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Sounds like it could be a case of mentally getting ahead of yourself rather than staying in the present.

Particularly when I have a good score going I work harder to focus on one shot at a time and avoid thinking ahead about the possible total scores etc.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like it could be a case of mentally getting ahead of yourself rather than staying in the present.

Particularly when I have a good score going I work harder to focus on one shot at a time and avoid thinking ahead about the possible total scores etc.

A good point, I had 24 points after 12 holes on Thursday and on the fringe of the 13th in 2 and I thought 2 putts and I am back ahead of my handicap, I promptly four putted!!!

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site

great point Merv, that's what I've told myself along time ago but the old memory fails as usual
interestimg theory Bob, either kill or cure

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Recap
1: Drink more
2: Eat lots of Mars bars or bounty's
3: One shot at a time
4: Have a bet with your playing partners on the back nine outcome (cheers Bob)