Back Injury help?

ScottWilson15

Visit site
I have had a back problem in by mid and upper back for 2 months now around the shoulder blade area. I don't have pain when actually playing golf but after a round and when I am resting it seems to flare up more, is there any cure that I can do myself or should I go and see a physio?
Any thoughts? Thank.

FG_HOOR

Club Champion
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

I have strained my back loads of times and the best thing to do is rest and see a chiropractor or a physio! I was told that a tight back can be caused by tight hamstrings and a weak core so you may have some inflexability issues! The safest thing to do is to get seen by a professional.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a professional golfer though !

If you are 15 by the way, i woudl suggest a trip to the doc wouldnt be a bad idea - it's really only us 40+ year olds who have to grin and bear it as a sign of age

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have had a back problem in by mid and upper back for 2 months now around the shoulder blade area. I don't have pain when actually playing golf but after a round and when I am resting it seems to flare up more, is there any cure that I can do myself or should I go and see a physio?
Any thoughts? Thank.

I never had any back problems at all up until last year, approaching my 40th birthday I finished a round and went home OK. Next morning very sore back and awkward getting in and out of car, sitting down, etc. This lasted for a few days then OK again.

Since then though my back hasnt been 100% , like you I dont feel anything when playing. If anything playing golf seems to get rid of any stiff back that I might have had on the day.

I feel a stiffness or soreness after I play but not always. Its never a severe pain just a sore feeling. I was checked out by the hospital when it first happened and they checked the spine and everything seemed OK. They said it was muscular and gave me an exercise to do.

Its OK but I just hope that it doesnt develop into anything serious. I just make sure that I warm up a bit before I play now - never used to.:mad:

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Scott.

See a pro and get a lesson to make sure there isn't anything that you are doing within your swing that could be causing the problem. If the condition persists go and see a physio and he'll give you a course of exercises to sort the issue out