Back garden

nulassilb

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I chip with different wedges and I have about 20 yards to play in. This is also the area/length I struggle with so it's useful. No nets, mats or air balls - but I'm now tempted to get a chipping net/tent. Any I should be looking out for as good quality? Chipping net rather tahn full on - I think I'd still miss it and do some damage.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
James...

jester.gif

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Today i received a new glass cutter bought on ebay and have had to replace the shed glass this evening ,for the third time, after chipping a ball through it last weekend. Thankfully our works yard is in a disused nursery and i have enough glass to last this century out.
As for the divots, the wife thinks it's the foxes :rolleyes:

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's a long way to go to practice your swing. :rolleyes: :D

I go out onto the croquet lawn (behind the east wing) and get one of my gardeners to fix the divots.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive got a 5 hole synthetic putting green. I dont use it much as its been built on a steep(ish) hill and i even bet most pros would struggle to keep the ball on the green ;)

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just tend to practice swinging a club every night....Usually no ball involved as i dont have much room....I try to get to a local course maybe twice a week that has an extra putting green(very bumpy but short grass) and plenty of space around it for chipping practice....

I try and stay clear of the range unless i have something thats really bothering me.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I chip with different wedges and I have about 20 yards to play in. This is also the area/length I struggle with so it's useful. No nets, mats or air balls - but I'm now tempted to get a chipping net/tent. Any I should be looking out for as good quality? Chipping net rather tahn full on - I think I'd still miss it and do some damage.

The normal little nets aren't so good. Borrowed one from a friend and if you clipped the rim or hit balls in it moved. Brollies are ok but too big a surface area to get really accurate. When my bag is complete I may well treat myself to a SKLZ fly trap. Opens up like a brolley but with different size holes to score in. You can get them from improvemygolf.co.uk.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone ever shanked a fir cone? (Quote. Smith. 2008) :D

No, but I'm 99% sure I've shanked a conker.
It's a great game, try to pitch all the conkers (shell or not) over next door into next door but one.

Requires a 45/98th swing with a 52.5 degree wedge choking down 1.468 inches. I've got the clockface down perfect you know. I can hit their barbeque over two hedges.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If there is something worth having a swing at, I have probably shanked it.

Thought I'd shanked my putter yesterday, and it hasn't even got a hozel.

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
In my back garden is, a driving net and a "pitching green" - the grass on the green is cut with a normal lawnmower so it aint very easy to putt on it! :D
Anyway, the local course is only a few minute cycle away :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to hit balls over our back garden into the 'nature park' when I lived at home, I sliced one and it bounced off the neighbours wall inbetween the two bedroom windows, o how I ran!

I now practice a bit of short game in the back garden but the lawn gets tatty. I'd love to know how to turn my grass into a putting green!